RSD 2020

Hey mate - Melburnian here - can I help? Will be heading out on RSD for sure...
Meantime I would be eternally grateful to ANYONE who could grab me a copy of the Hackers soundtrack...
That would be awesome! I won’t know what my shops getting in for sure until closer to the date but if Hackers is on the list I should be able to snag one.

Still haven't completed my wantlist, bit I've noticed a few good releases for Disquaire Day (French RSD), including Dylan's En route libre, as well as some French hip hop (NTM, Dee-nasty), and ambassador Etienne Daho with a cover album. Some jazz sessions recorded in France too (I assume it's not available elsewhere but didn't properly check): Dexter Gordon etc.

Last edited:
Ok...gotta find a way to whittle this down a bit, but here's my initial list:

Al Green - Is Blues
Camille Yarbrough - The Iron Pot Cooker
Felt 3: Rosie Perez
Freddie Gibbs / Madlib - Piñata
Hillbillies in Hell - Volume X
Gorillaz - D-sides
Grateful Dead - Buffalo 5/9/77
Neil Young - Homegrown
OST - Virgin Suicides
Pepper - Kona Love
The Ska (From Jamaica)
The Specials - Dub

Maybe
Kevin Morby - Live Paris
New Order - Peel Sessions
This Are Two Tone

There’s a ton I'm interested in. This is my first cut — will need to sort through to see what’s truly limited and can fit the budget:

UFO - Live In Youngstown '78
Parish Hall - Parish Hall
Goblin - Goblin Greatest Hits Vol. 1 (1975-79)
Josefus- Get Off My Case
Wipers - Is This Real: 40th Anniversary Edition
Hotrats - Turn Ons: 10th Anniversary Edition
Thelonious Monk - Palais Des Beaux-Arts 1963
Jimmy Giuffre - Graz 1961
Marion Brown ‎– Porto Novo
Alfredo Linares Y Su Sonora ‎– Yo Traigo Boogaloo
You Gotta Have Soul: Raw Sonoran R&B and Funk (1957-1971)
Girls In The Garage Volume 8
The Obsessed - Incarnate Ultimate Edition
Wire - 10:20
Skid Row - Slave To The Grind
Brian Eno - Rams: Original Soundtrack
Koyaanisqatsi: Complete Original Soundtrack
Sumy ‎– Funkin' In Your Mind
The Sound Of The San Francisco Christian Center ‎– The Sound Of The San Francisco Christian Center
Pete Rock - PeteStrumentals 3
Jimmy Sweeney - Without You
Nativity in Black
Martin Denny - Exotic Moog
Hugo Montenegro ‎– Hugo In Wonder-Land
Night Beats ‎– Sonic Bloom

Last edited:
Skimming through the list, there's some stuff catching my eye

Gravediggaz - The Pick, The Sickel & The Shovel
Philip Glass - Koyaanisqatsi
Wipers - Is This Real--Anniversary Edition
Serge Gainsbourg - Ces Petits Riens
Suzanne Ciani - Suzanne Ciani
Tear Da Club Up Thugs of Three 6 Mafia - CrazyNDaLazDayz
Meat Puppets - Meat Puppets
Pete Rock - Petestrumentals 3
Primus - Suck On This
Hillbillies in Hell: Volume X

Big L- Danger Zone
Jon Brion - Synecdoche New York
Ennio Morricone - For A Few Dollars More
Felt (Murs x Slug x Aesop Rock) - Felt 3: A Tribute To Rosie
Dave Pike - Jazz For The Jet Set
Camille Yarbrough - The Iron Pot Cooker

Then there's the Nocturnal Emissioins, The Gorillaz, maybe the Slint, that ENO, the Denzel, THe miles...

I'm going to have to go through all of this a bit deeper and prioritze. I might end up getting a lot

UFO - Live In Youngstown '78
Parish Hall - Parish Hall
Goblin - Goblin Greatest Hits Vol. 1 (1975-79)
Josefus- Get Off My Case

Hotrats - Turn Ons: 10th Anniversary Edition
Thelonious Monk - Palais Des Beaux-Arts 1963
Jimmy Giuffre - Graz 1961
Marion Brown ‎– Porto Novo
Alfredo Linares Y Su Sonora ‎– Yo Traigo Boogaloo
You Gotta Have Soul: Raw Sonoran R&B and Funk (1957-1971)
Girls In The Garage Volume 8
The Obsessed - Incarnate Ultimate Edition
Wire - 10:20
Skid Row - Slave To The Grind
Brian Eno - Rams: Original Soundtrack

Sumy ‎– Funkin' In Your Mind
The Sound Of The San Francisco Christian Center ‎– The Sound Of The San Francisco Christian Center
Pete Rock - PeteStrumentals 3
Jimmy Sweeney - Without You
Nativity in Black
Martin Denny - Exotic Moog
Hugo Montenegro ‎– Hugo In Wonder-Land
Night Beats ‎– Sonic Bloom

Mickey and the soul Generation 7
Terrahawks
Nas
Dj Format Brazil 7s
Dark Crystal pic disc *2
T la rock and jazzy jay
Dj Cam Quartet
Eminem
Pinata
Godfather 7
Jungle brothers 7
Magic in threes 7
Shaft in Africa 2*7
Human Race - Human Race/Grey Boy 7
Lee Alred Rockin - poppin full tilting 7
King James Version - Hes forever 7
Millie Ripperton Les Fleurs 7
Monty Python Holy Grail

Man, i though numero were now anti RSD but they have funkified my list and destroyed my wallet

This release looks a little... familiar... can't quite put my finger on where I've seen it before hmmmm...... :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

This release looks a little... familiar... can't quite put my finger on where I've seen it before hmmmm...... :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:
What a JOKE they've become! VMP will be entirely irrelevant within a year or two, which is fine.

Random assortment of thoughts [prices are based on what Bullmoose has listed]:
  • Is there anywhere I can listen to that Charlie Parker "Jazz at Midnite" LP? Doesn't look like it's on spotify. I'm fine buying it blind since the price is decent ($24) but just curious.
  • Just realized (based on the track listing on the Bullmoose page for this release) that the Virgin Suicides release ISN'T the score by Air. It's a compilation of the songs from the film, including Al Green's "How Can You Mend a Broken Heart?," Heart's "Crazy on You," and Styx's "Come Sail Away."
  • I'm happy that the Magic Numbers release is only $19 for an LP + 7", but isn't 55 minutes a lot to cram onto a single LP?
  • I might pick up that Robyn, even at $34 since the release last year still hasn't become more widely available. Never listened to this album before, but I'm enjoying it so far. I wasn't a fan of the package for Body Talk last year but the pressing itself is good.
  • That Glass Animals/Denzel Curry single is just wonderful, but how on earth are they charging $19 for one track [plus an instrumental version of the same track]?
  • Excited for that Willie Colón/Héctor Lavoe release - sounds really good on spotify.
  • I played the crap out of that Phenomenon soundtrack CD even though I never saw the movie haha. Definitely picking that up so I can blast "Cha-ee-ange the World" and "Para Donde Vas"again haha.

• That Glass Animals/Denzel Curry single is just wonderful, but how on earth are they charging $19 for one track [plus an instrumental version of the same track]?
I saw that too and thought the same thing. And it was a picture disc too, right? Woof.

Do we have any Australians here on the board that are going out that could possibly help me secure something? Amyl and the Sniffers are rereleasing their debut through Flightless but it's not making its way over to the states.
I too was wanting this one, as well as the Australian exclusive black, blue, and red splatter of Orchid by Opeth

Except this one has MORE color than the VMP.
And the run will probably all be gloriously flat unlike most of the VMP copies.

Hilarious

ATTN: U.S. Jazzbos

I've added a "RSD 2020 (U.S.)" tab to the 2020 Jazz Reissues (N&G) spreadsheet.

Note: I went through the RSD list pretty quick, so let me know if I've missed anything.

Here's what I found (so far):

Last edited:
Color me baffled... why isn't Homegrown from Neil Young on the official RSD list? I know it's been confirmed via the NY Archives, it's listed on more than a few retail sites but it's not on the RSD list. Any ideas?

Back