RSD 2020

Many previous RSD First's are yet to be repressed so you never know.
note that some like curren$y and nas and even gorillaz are just "RSD first" releases.. meaning they will be released to the public later this year

wasn’t Robyn’s “Body Talk” last year supposed to be an RSD First release, too? I’m surprised that one hasn’t been released more widely since then.

No real musts for me this year, only a list of maybe-sorta-kindas. Wouldn't mind Bowie's I'm Only Dancing as a nice companion to the Cracked Actor release from RSD18 (the sets were recorded within a few months of each other). Let It Bleed sounds neat, but not $90 neat.

I’m Only Dancing (The Soul Tour 74) - David Bowie
Back To My Roots - Solomon Burke
Cosa Nuestra - Willie Colon
Some Other Time: The Lost Session From The Black Forest - Bill Evans
Ces Petits Riens - Serge Gainsbourg
The Squirrel - Dexter Gordon
D-Sides - Gorillaz
G-Sides - Gorillaz
…What That Is! - Screamin' Jay Hawkins
Elton John - Elton John
Yo Traigo - Alfredo Linares Y Su Sonora
Oh Mon Dieu: Live In Paris - Kevin Morby
Let It Bleed (Limited Collectors Edition) - The Rolling Stones
All The Weird Kids Up Front (More Best Of Spoon) - Spoon
Austin Powers -- International Man of Mystery - Various Artists
Double Whammy! A 1960s Garage Rave-Up - Various Artists
I Saved Latin! A Tribute To Wes Anderson - Various Artists
Lagniappe Sessions Vol. 2 - Various Artists
Rough Guide To Brazilian Psychedelia - Various Artists

Just wondering if there is a chance of people not showing up as much this year because of the Corona Virus happening. Lots of events are getting shut down or postponed. I'm not saying I hope people stay home, but just that I wonder if it will have an effect on the day...
Vinyl nerds are practically shut-ins. We've had no contact with the outside world. We're clean. We'll shuffle to the store, stand in line for our precious, and then scurry back home. Nothing to worry about with this crowd.

Just wondering if there is a chance of people not showing up as much this year because of the Corona Virus happening. Lots of events are getting shut down or postponed. I'm not saying I hope people stay home, but just that I wonder if it will have an effect on the day...

This will probably depend on how bad it gets here. If it goes away at the beginning of April when it starts to warm up like Trump said it will then you will see the regular lines.

Can’t will be too busy looking for that kid who tried to shame me for buying that Wham 12” like 5 years ago
Once located passive aggressively work Wham!/George Michael songs into an earshot conversation with someone else.

“Hey, If I doze off make sure ya WAKE ME UP BEFORE YA GO-GO”

“If ya need help choosing a record lemme know I WILL BE YOUR FATHER FIGURE”

“I hope the girl in front of the line doesn’t CARELESS WHISPER which LP’s she’s grabbing, I really hope she gets EVERYTHING SHE WANTS. She’s really GOTTA HAVE FAITH FAITH FAITH”

Last edited:
Soooooo speaking of shaming. is the Spacehog thing an inside joke? :D

No. I genuinely love it and it's never been released on vinyl. On the old forum I would ask for it every few months and after a long shipping issue in december led to an email from the CEO I took the moment to ask him to please press it.

It's still very good.

I honestly didn't know there were very many other people who wanted the Spacehog album on vinyl. I will echo @JonnyH in my love for it; I've wanted it on vinyl for a long time so to finally have it happen feels surreal. Same with the Gorillaz albums tbh... I've wanted those on vinyl for so so long and it really does feel like a big missing piece of my collection will be filled by them.

Oh how much joy music can bring us 💙

Back