RSD 2020

I’m a Dino Jr. fan since the late 80s.
I kind of need this one, but only if it the sound quality is worth spinning it.
I’ll probably risk it, just to get a the live version of Sludge Feast to spin.

Thanks for the info on the label.
I'm the same. Wasn't available here this morning so will have to order. I'd like to know the quality though before dropping coin. My choco daze is pretty poor and hardly gets played.

Just for in line at my local at 6:20 and it’s significantly longer than last month which I wasnt expecting at all....

Luckily Im not looking for Anything as in demand this time (I hope) but my hopes of being out of here quick are alot slimmer...

edit:nevermind, saw plaid rooms stock on Summer Walker and have way less faith in that one now

Anyone know why the 2020 Bill Evans RSD release was remastered? Renosance released a Grundman master of the album in 2016, and this 2020 RSD version is a Kevin Gray cut. Why the extra effort? The Grundman version had excellent reviews.

@Selaws
I also want to know the answer to this question too as I'm about to head out to get this album. Hope you don't mind that I reposted your question on discogs.

Also: early reports on discogs saying noisy pressing, esp in quieter sections. Ugh. Should I spend $50 on this?

I didn't see anyone post about the Spilliage Village album or the Henry Canyons & Googie project. Really enjoyed both today.

@Jonathan Y ^ LOOK

grab a spare for when u overplay the shit out of your only copy
i have a bunch of Horizon releases, didnt know they sold stuff by other labels.
if anyones wondering, yes they are legit.

@Jmcg85 called them. This is coming from a distributor that hasnt delivered it yet. The guy said that its 50/50 right now

I also want to know the answer to this question too as I'm about to head out to get this album. Hope you don't mind that I reposted your question on discogs.

Also: early reports on discogs saying noisy pressing, esp in quieter sections. Ugh. Should I spend $50 on this?

I quickly opened mine and listened in order to answer this question. But I only had the time to listen to the first 2 tracks so please bear that in mind. For those tracks, the record sounded very good, the piano was distinctly clear, cymbals had shimmers and the bass was adequate but not punchy. The pressing is not super quiet but no, not noisy. there were faint ticks and one or two pops that I heard In quiet passages because I was looking out for them but note that I had not cleaned the record at all. I suspect a good cleaning will remove much of the noise which was really quite faint

I quickly opened mine and listened in order to answer this question. But I only have the time to listen to the first 2 tracks so please bear that in mind. For those tracks, the record sounds very good, the piano was distinctly clear, cymbals have shimmers and the bass is adequate but not punchy. The pressing is not super quiet but no, not noisy. there are faint ticks and one or two pops that I heard In quiet passages because I was looking out for them but note that I have not cleaned the record at all. I suspect a good cleaning will remove many of them.

Update: just got back from my local and I did get one. Listening to it now and I don't notice any noise on the pressing. I tried to get the lowest possible # (444) but mine sounds excellent, though I do not own the 2016 version to compare.

Back