RSD 2020

Engineering department here. Have you tried turning off then turning it back on again?

And then try turning it off?
No luck finding the one record I wanted most. Ellie Goulding Lights 10. My local record store did not get any copies in.

I picked up Brandi Carline, Fleetwood Mac and Jimi Hendrix
Could not get Summer Walker at both record stores I went to. Blah.

make sure you post in the September 2020 WANTLIST thread!

Dave Pike - Jazz For the Jet Set seems impossible to find! 99% sure one of the workers at my store held on to the only one they had. I was 8th in line, no one in front of me said they have ever even heard of it, and the store confirmed they had one last night..

Dave Pike - Jazz For the Jet Set seems impossible to find! 99% sure one of the workers at my store held on to the only one they had. I was 8th in line, no one in front of me said they have ever even heard of it, and the store confirmed they had one last night..

Went to 2 stores within an hour of me and checked the full lists of 2 more. Not a single one got this in. Also, Allman Brothers seemed to be really hit and miss on whether it was actually delivered. One store said they were charged for it, but it just wasn’t in any of their boxes. Another store ordered a shit-ton and got 2.

Did anyone pick up Camille Yarbrough’s The Iron Pot Cooker?

You enjoying your copy? Gonna be picking up a copy this afternoon (Sunday) or next week on Wednesday! Looking really forward to spinning it!

You should get the Lee Fields.
I like Lee Fields & The Expressions! I don’t know why I haven’t even picked up “My World” on vinyl yet! Probably because it hasn’t had a VMP exclusive yet! Just kidding! 😂

I definitely prefer Camille Yarbrough’s The Iron Pot Cooker over any of Lee Field’s albums because it’s just saw raw, poetic, and is quite cinematic too! I think it’s just a really interesting album; like it’s such a vibe! Lee Fields is good but falls into that Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings group which I really enjoy, but don’t completely love! I do love Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings debut record though and their second album “Naturally”; they’re both 21st century soul classic for me!

But.....mmmmmm that Camille Yarbrough is so homemade, woke, soulful and it just hits the spot!

Got Brandi Carlisle (Spinning it now, sounds awesome), Unrighteous Brothers, Replacements, and picked up Dance Craze on a whim. Need to get Fleetwood Mac, but i've got no concerns on getting that at a decent price on discogs.

Yellow Dog Disc has a lot left

Back