Rock, Alt-Rock, Indie Rock, Psych Rock, Shoegaze, Punk, Noise Rock, Emocore, etc.

Hey everyone! I’ve been wanting to get into shoegaze. Any recommendations for albums to start with? Also what mindset should I have while listening? As in should I be paying attention, zone out, focus on lyrics or the general mood?
Late responding to this, but I've always liked this flowchart:
8gODDGb.jpg

Saw a great band last night from Cincy called Leggy that I would recommend for fans of rock/punk trios. They have elements of shoegaze at times, othertimes they are more pop punk.Their new LP "Let Me Know Your Moon" is very good and I recommend you see them live as they are about to tour the US and EU.

Last edited:
Throwing this here as I don't see any other discussion...

when I was entering my copy of Ride ‎– This Is Not A Safe Place into Discogs, it was discovered that some variants are 33 1/3 RPM and some are 45 RPM.

The black variant I got from Amazon is 45...pressed at GZ.

It seems that some of the more deluxe color variants pressed and cut at Optimal are 33 1/3.

Just a heads up.

I should probably share this here :

I was in London this week-end and this record was being played at Rough Trade while I was there. Kandodo 3 are from Bristol, UK, and I ended buying the record. I don't know what genre it is, probably some noisy psychedelic prog rock, but it sounds pretty good to my ears.

The new Floating Action record is v good.

It's a shame that this is the only mention of Floating Action in this whole forum. I just fell into a Spotify rabbit hole, and I'm really digging this album, and previous ones.

Reactions: oak
It's a shame that this is the only mention of Floating Action in this whole forum. I just fell into a Spotify rabbit hole, and I'm really digging this album, and previous ones.

His stuff is so soothing and consistent and chill. I could listen to him noodle around and repeat the same phrase over and over again for days. I auto-buy whatever he releases.

Someone posted this to the post-rock subreddit today, and I'm hooked. The vocal delivery gives me recent Pianos Become the Teeth vibes, and I'm all for it.

Edit: Not only their second released song. Finally found their Bandcamp. BLACK FLIES

Back