Rock, Alt-Rock, Indie Rock, Psych Rock, Shoegaze, Punk, Noise Rock, Emocore, etc.

This album was on someone's status (last week maybe?)
I can't remember who it was and I am too dumb (lazy) to search it.
It's really, really good psych rock.
To whomever posted it: THANK YOU!

You like Hot Water Music? The Lawrence Arms? Bombpops? Alkaline Trio? Voices that sound like they may have smoked too many cigarettes and drank too much whiskey!?

Give this great Chicago punk outfit a listen

Last edited:
What do you guys think of black midi? I dig their sound but the super weird theatrical strange singer performance mostly has me confused at first listen. 😂 Sounds kinda like Mark E. Smith on crack or something.
Morgan Simpson is a great drummer. The band reminds me of early Wire, Gang of Four and NY post punk angular guitar bands. Watching with interest.

Morgan Simpson is a great drummer. The band reminds me of early Wire, Gang of Four and NY post punk angular guitar bands. Watching with interest.
The drumming is excellent. The goofy vocals are growing one me, or at least I'm acclimating to them.

WhAt A mAgNiFiCeNt PUUUURpuss!

The drumming is excellent. The goofy vocals are growing one me, or at least I'm acclimating to them.

WhAt A mAgNiFiCeNt PUUUURpuss!

Just saw them last night in Glasgow - they were fantastic live. Drummer is an absolute BEAST! Definitely check them out when they roll through your part of the world, you will not be disappointed.

Not trying to double post, but just in case anyone missed it in the pre order thread:

I mostly just wanted to make a John Dwyer appreciation tweet because of how ridiculous it is that the lead single is the 21 minute jam closer on the album. Didn't want to clutter up the pre order thread.

Not trying to double post, but just in case anyone missed it in the pre order thread:

I mostly just wanted to make a John Dwyer appreciation tweet because of how ridiculous it is that the lead single is the 21 minute jam closer on the album. Didn't want to clutter up the pre order thread.
I’ll pick it up when Castleface announces their variant!

Ha, Idles did a Tiny Desk. If you haven't seen it, the KEXP one is better, but I love that these guys bring as much energy as they do to these morning/midday recordings. Regret not making the 3 hour trip to see them earlier this year. Couldn't handle it that weekend though.

Back