Rock, Alt-Rock, Indie Rock, Psych Rock, Shoegaze, Punk, Noise Rock, Emocore, etc.

Starting to get into more Shoegaze and it is very quickly becoming one of my favorite genres for late-night listening! I have heard Loveless, Souvlaki (my favorite), Ferment by Catherine Wheel, and Whirlpool by Chapterhouse.
I got interested in listening to more shoegaze after the n&g rotm announcement the other day. I googled shoegaze and found a top ten list that started with Chapterhouse and I've been listening to Whirlpool a bunch this week. Ride and Slowdive haven't really clicked with me but this gets that Jesus and Mary Chain itch I didn't know I really needed to scratch.

Last edited:
A recommendation from my local. Small British new mod band called Dirt Royal. The Whole record is catchy af.

Starting to get into more Shoegaze and it is very quickly becoming one of my favorite genres for late-night listening! I have heard Loveless, Souvlaki (my favorite), Ferment by Catherine Wheel, and Whirlpool by Chapterhouse.
I liked a handful of songs from Loveless and Souvlaki. Love Ferment, and the followup album Chrome is awesome too. Not familiar with Chapterhouse so I'll have to give them a listen.

Weekend just dropped a collection of bootlegs to celebrate 10 years of SPORTS and raise money for the SF Aids Foundation. Buy today for Bandcamp Day so all 100% goes directly to the cause!

I just scored a good used copy of this off Ebay. I can't believe I got it. There we're only 3 bidders including me. Only two bids made before mine. I sniped it during the last 5 seconds which I always do. I went and bid almost 20 above the previous amount and I ended up winning by one dollar higher than the last bid!

The album is really really rare (Pre-Mazzy Star) and I guess still unknown to a majority. I only found out about the band from reading old music articles and blogs plus some members were part of the Paisley scene and The Dream Syndicate.

Ran across this band last week on a recommendation from a co-worker called Ghost Woman. They are from Lethbridge, Alberta (just south of Calgary), and their new album "Anne, If" is absolutely top-to-bottom excellent.

For fans of "Innerspeaker" era Tame Impala, lots of jangly guitars, reverbed vocals. Has a bit of a grittier CCR vibe at times.

Back