RIP MF DOOM

I had two orders canceled one from a seller on Amazon and one from a store. Ordered 12/31 as soon as I found out. Two I had on cd and never bought on wax. Both paid, excepted and then canceled. No explanation from the record store, the Amazon store said it was damaged in transit and sent back to them. Not sure if I believe this or not. I’ve never had anything from Amazon damaged and sent back. Still always received the package.
Ya I ordered a Meow The Jewels from an Amazon seller a while back, right before the price really jumped. They claimed they sent it, no tracking, and it never arrived and they didn't put up any fuss when I asked for a refund. I'm almost certain they saw the value go up and just never shipped it.

Ya I ordered a Meow The Jewels from an Amazon seller a while back, belt the price really jumped. They claimed they sent it, no tracking, and it never arrived and they didn't put up any fuss when I asked for a refund. I'm almost certain they saw the value go up and just never shipped it.
Yep got my money back too, no tracking either, and can’t say that is exactly what happened but...🤬

I did but thanks for the offer. I found them online at Reckless Records. I posted the link above but I think the other copies were finally purchased. I’d still like to get 9 & 0 but I’ll just wait for the repress. Another missed opportunity as I could’ve bought all of these with the Doom covers back when VMP sold the bundle.
From Europe so likely still too expensive but saw this today: MF DOOM - Special Herbs Volume 9 & 0 LP [REPRESS PRE-ORDER] - NATURE SOUNDS at Phonica Records

I've never actually listened to any of these Special Herbs so going to have to get on that. Would be cool if they offered a box set for all them again since it seems like everything DOOM is getting represses

Thanks. It's interesting they show the older Dr Doom covers with the 7 inch extra record. I'm pretty sure the represses will all be the later color covers like this one which didn't have the extra record. Hope I'm wrong as I'd much prefer the Dr Doom ones.

16780c4ae96aea4c4d0d70d8ff31501d.jpg

There's a pretty great article about Doom from Egon's perspective in Rolling Stone. I had no idea that Egon was the driving force behind Madvillainy (cynically, assuming you take his word for it). Stick around for the anecdote at the end about Doom officiating Egon's wedding (also quoted below for the busy and/or people with attention span problems).

When I called him up and said, “I’m getting married next month. Would you officiate our wedding? It would mean the world to us,” he said, “What’s the date?” He showed up at three in the morning, the morning before we were going to get married, and we walked through the whole thing. He had this big leather book and he walked everywhere with me, and he took notes.

He did that not because he was getting paid; he never asked me for a dime. He showed up that night at three in the morning to make me feel comfortable, did the most beautiful job officiating, and then forgot that leather book. I found it as I was cleaning up, and I just wanted to see the notes he took about what I said to him, and when I opened that fucking book, it was just triangles, squares and circles. He freestyled the whole ceremony!

Operation: Doomsday is back at Gas Drawls.

Born Like This, NehruvianDOOM, and DangerDOOM repress at Fat Beats

Reactions: mgp

Anyone know what’s going on with the Bandcamp represses?

Praying for a Vaudeville Villain repress

Also this one:

Back