Record Store Day 2022

Swung by my usual spot at 8am for a 10am opening. There were 30 people in line. Usually there would be 5. Don’t know WTF was going on.

Went to one of my old spots which moved so I hadn’t been in forever. No traffic so I got there in 20 mins. 8:30 for a 9am opening. 15th in line. Was out by 9:30 and on my way to work, with everything I wanted which they got in.

871CE359-05B6-4A67-B0DD-498A4EAB549A.jpeg

Still on the lookout for The Lord, Wipers and Wye Oak but I’m pretty content, esp with them stocking the Bardo Pond.

Got to my local around 6am and was 33 in line. By the time they opened, I would say close to 100+ queued up. Pretty large turn out compared to the last couple. Wait wasn't so bad, just chatted with the girls standing in line next to me. Everyone got what they were looking for which is nice. They got a ton of the Taylor's but only had a few by the time my number was called.

My local also stepped up their schwag bag game this year. Sorry the reversable Steely Dan slip mat is reserved for @Mather. :ROFLMAO:

1650736581232.png

1650736694721.png

1650736711395.png

what did the price tag end up being on that ramones box? I've been on the fence but think I want it. the money I would end up speding just for a copy of Subterranean Jungle and Pleasant Dreams alone would cover a nice chunk of this box most likely..
I’ll double check when I get home, but I think it was around $180. Which I thought was not too bad.

Last edited:
Anyone get their Bills Evans home and spin it btw ? Wondering if I should grab a leftover if I see one. I know there were some good comments online. But if it's fringe or mid fi I'm not that interested.

thats the one Fremer and another online guy liked right ?
Mmmhmm. Inner sprit is queued up next. I'll let you know if there are any issues, but I am pretty sure both releases sound excellent and have been getting universally good reviews.

I am a massive Bill Evans fan so these were always going to be musts haves for me.

Reactions: .Z.
Anyone get their Bills Evans home and spin it btw ? Wondering if I should grab a leftover if I see one. I know there were some good comments online. But if it's fringe or mid fi I'm not that interested.
I have the Inner Spirit album. I thought it sounded quite good. Came out of RTI. Had a few minor clicks, otherwise vinyl was very quiet. Sound quality sounded like a professional recording to me. Only negative was they played the theme from M*A*S*H, hate that damn song.

Two observations:

1) Im told that 10k is the magic number for something to be considered a "limited run" for something like RSD and not a "wide release", which answers why there were just nowhere close to enough lil TayTay discs to meet the unsettling demand.

2) I'm told that stores (even one with a a big daddy inventory allocation like my local) were only allowed four Ramones boxes; with a print run of 10k idk how the fuck that math works unless they will also drop more of these in June

Two observations:

1) Im told that 10k is the magic number for something to be considered a "limited run" for something like RSD and not a "wide release", which answers why there were just nowhere close to enough lil TayTay discs to meet the unsettling demand.

2) I'm told that stores (even one with a a big daddy inventory allocation like my local) were only allowed four Ramones boxes; with a print run of 10k idk how the fuck that math works unless they will also drop more of these in June
Did you see how many MikeTheOwnerOfTheInGrooveInPhoenixArizona Got? WAY more than four!

Just wanted to ask in case anyone is still out there - I usually pick up the latest volume of "Curated By SUN Records", but my local shop is moving locations and closed. It's usually in the $11 -$14 range, and never seems to sell out, but if someone is able to pick it up and mail out, I'll gladly PayPal/Zelle/etc. Just let me know. Thanks!

Picked up an extra Dillinger Escape Plan that I can part with at my cost. (MSRP+CA tax+shipping+PayPal fees).

Back