Record Store Day 2022

I have the Inner Spirit album. I thought it sounded quite good. Came out of RTI. Had a few minor clicks, otherwise vinyl was very quiet. Sound quality sounded like a professional recording to me. Only negative was they played the theme from M*A*S*H, hate that damn song.
But suicide is painless!

Woke up to the sound of the cat puking off the bedside table then got interrupted by the baby crying before I could get that cleaned up - fortunately the baby just needed readjusting in the crib (they've developed a habit of pushing themselves up throughout the night until their head is up against the edge of the crib and then they get grumpy about it! 🤣 ) Once baby and cat puke were taken care of I noticed my alarm was supposed to have gone of 20 minutes before, but I just got down to the store and there are just 4 people ahead of me - the regular RSD crew. No Swifts, Peppers or Jazz Dispensaries here, but I'm betting I should be good for my DLO3 the things I've committed to grabbing for others.
My local had several Art Peppers. The guy was complaining because his supplier can’t get the Bowie EPS until Monday, so I might make a trip back out to snag the Bowie. I can check on the Art Pepper then too.
So here’s the overall haul!

View attachment 136668View attachment 136669View attachment 136670

For my friend

View attachment 136671

Now for the GOOD THE BAD AND THE UGLY

The good!

LOOKIT ALL THE EXTRAS I GOT!

View attachment 136672View attachment 136673View attachment 136674View attachment 136675View attachment 136676
Concert tickets View attachment 136677

The bad and the ugly

someone tried to cop the Tswift from me for $50…. Like I waited since 4 am… I’m not risking being banned from my favorite store.

I also had someone behind me ready to mail like it was Black Friday…..
I am really glad you were able to get the Sara. My local had no copies. I don’t think they even got them in.

I was able to grab an Art Pepper, Tegan and Sara and the Cranberries comp.

My local had several Art Peppers. The guy was complaining because his supplier can’t get the Bowie EPS until Monday, so I might make a trip back out to snag the Bowie. I can check on the Art Pepper then too.

I am really glad you were able to get the Sara. My local had no copies. I don’t think they even got them in.

I was able to grab an Art Pepper, Tegan and Sara and the Cranberries comp.
I’ll be sure to post what’s inside after I open it! I hope you can get a copy!

Only shut out of the Mingus so far, gonna try a couple more spots. Went nuts at the first stop and got most of what I wanted and more. Enjoying everyone's attitude today!
Let me know if you find a Mingus in the wild. I went hunting that one at 2nd Ave, and came away with several "consolation" prizes. 😂

I know no one here needs any extra encouragement, but I haven't seen anyone mention this and after reading about it I went back and grabbed Mike Oldfield's Tubular Bells II and the sound is beyond stunning. One of the best sounding albums I've ever heard on my system. Can't recommend it enough.
IMG_20220423_180804.jpg

Not yet, I’ll find it tomorrow. Thank you. I’m going to try to see if I can get Dermot Kennedy and Sheila Divine at the same place to save on shipping.
Ok I ended up grabbing one anyway in case you can’t find it. I’m sure I can find another taker if you end up getting it!

Back