RECORD STORE DAY 2022 - Those of us who can't make it and hoping for...

So, they did a real bad job advertising that this had a record with it…looks like a sick compilation.

Edit: looks like Zia still has it? Maybe? Price matched Bull Moose

Be careful with this. My understanding is there are two options for the hardcover book:

1. Hardcover Book + LP (msrp $49), barcode 9781644282762
2. Hardcover Book by itself, no LP (msrp also $49). 9781644282748 Bullmoose has option 2 marked down to $39.

Some stores that use the awful standard website design/layout show listings for both so you can see they’re separate items in their system, like this one near me: Larry Jaffee - Record Store Day Book [Hardcover + LP ] | Music Millennium
1650865634055.png

Be careful with this. My understanding is there are two options for the hardcover book:

2. Hardcover Book by itself, no LP (msrp also $49). 9781644282748 Bullmoose has option 2 marked down to $39.

Some stores that use the awful standard website design/layout show listings for both so you can see they’re separate items in their system, like this one near me: Larry Jaffee - Record Store Day Book [Hardcover + LP ] | Music Millennium
View attachment 136875

thank you for this. i had noticed the upc differences and searched a few sites for the book + lp version but were sold out/not in stock so i figured i’d just periodically check to see if any popped up. but i just now ordered from here (and the correct upc shows up in the order confirmation message), so hopefully their inventory is correct and it’s in stock.

One of my old locals said they almost made more on RSD each year than they did the entire rest of the year. The downside in the past few years has been stored getting stuck with albums that people don’t want. A few shops have been doing 50% or other steep discounts right after RSD to try to move what hasn’t sold.
My old local, Banquet Records, have commented on how important the day has become for their sales figures as well. For the past few years, they actually empty all of their shelves into storage and fill the whole shop with RSD items the day before.

My old local, Banquet Records, have commented on how important the day has become for their sales figures as well. For the past few years, they actually empty all of their shelves into storage and fill the whole shop with RSD items the day before.

I suppose they either sell RSD exclusives on RSD day or in the following days or don't sell them at all (except with a huge discount and probably losing money). Financially it can be a trap for many small stores.

View attachment 136875

Great post, thank you! I saw it for the first time last nice and the Bull Moose page made it clearish at least. Zia...does not.

Just a daily reminder, if anyone finds a snowball in hell (Sara Bareilles) at their local record store I'm still looking for this.

Sings "Down with the flippers" in the turn of "Down with the sickness" by Disturbed.

I suppose they either sell RSD exclusives on RSD day or in the following days or don't sell them at all (except with a huge discount and probably losing money). Financially it can be a trap for many small stores.
Banquet are fortunate in the sense that they have built a massive reputation both online and in-store. They also host gig nights in-store and at a local club and manage to get the biggest names you can imagine, it's just insane really.

I went into the shop a couple of weekends ago and they had 2 small cardboard boxes at the front with unsold RSD items from years past and considering they fill their whole shop it seems like most of it sells out. They certainly make enough to justify a small handful not being sold. As a reference, they had a copy of the Soul Slabs box from 2019 (I think) in there so those 2 small boxes equate to several years of unsold stock by the looks of it.

Not sure if I'll see a cancelation email...but they had a couple releases I was looking for.

Kittie and Midnight Society ost

Great call out.

For those looking, turn the grid into a list, the ones with "buy" are in stock. If it's a grid you have to click in to each one.

In addition to what Lee called out, other interesting titles that have gotten a bit scarcer include Pepper Banks, AIC, The Dead Box, Handsome Boy Modeling School, Blue Velvet, Durand Jones Single, Peppa Pig, Pixies, Ramones Box Set, and Tegan and Sara.

Great call out.

For those looking, turn the grid into a list, the ones with "buy" are in stock. If it's a grid you have to click in to each one.

In addition to what Lee called out, other interesting titles that have gotten a bit scarcer include Pepper Banks, AIC, The Dead Box, Handsome Boy Modeling School, Blue Velvet, Durand Jones Single, Peppa Pig, Pixies, Ramones Box Set, and Tegan and Sara.
I think a couple people were still looking for that Peter Tosh, if I remember right, and they have that too.

Also didn't realize that Pixies album was so freaking overpriced. Hope that'll make it a bargain bin one to grab later, which is my strategy with Black Label Society.

yeah, but by the time om done with work this weekend i didnt get jack shit on my list. ironic that the guy who started this thread didn't get anything lol. glad it worked for most of yall though...
Two of the four you posted were pushed to June. One of them wasn't released in the states and had a very small run, so I'm not sure if anyone here even saw it (other than Mike's post to an online option). The Jazz Dispensary has been popping up occasionally on discogs for normalish prices. And if I see it I'll let you know. Don't think you posted about anything else? But if so let me know and I'll keep my eyes peeled.

yeah, but by the time om done with work this weekend i didnt get jack shit on my list. ironic that the guy who started this thread didn't get anything lol. glad it worked for most of yall though...

Big Night and Brand New Heavies are June releases, so there's still a shot at the other two.

If I see a site with the L'Impertrice or Jazz Dispensary I'll tag you - I didn't see any of the former out at all so it might just be something most of the peeps here didn't get eyes on.

bell biv is available here

here's the rest of their available stuff:

Not ironic. Looks like you were only active in your own thread early Saturday for about ten minutes. One of two posts was about your entitlement to a limited release for starting a thread intending to help all locate limited releases.

Anyway, I posted about Newbury having Jazz Dispensary available when everything went live on Sunday. It was there for a decent amount of time. I might be mistaken, but I think others posted links. It's a bummer you weren't around for that.

Back