Record Sleeve Recommendation Thread

Hey, all you guys scoot on over to Sleeve City....
Are you referring to the quarantine notice on their homepage? Because I think that's from last year, as it reads "Beginning Wednesday 3/25"

And, just a few minutes ago I received a shipping notice for my 2/26 order of 75 double audiophile inners. So they are shipping orders, at least what they have.

Are you referring to the quarantine notice on their homepage? Because I think that's from last year, as it reads "Beginning Wednesday 3/25"

And, just a few minutes ago I received a shipping notice for my 2/26 order of 75 double audiophile inners. So they are shipping orders, at least what they have.
.........still waiting.

But my Clear Bags order "should" be here today :)

.........still waiting.

But my Clear Bags order "should" be here today :)
My forthcoming Clear Bags order of double outers will be used (in part) to replace a bunch of Sleeve City single outers with double LPs/gatefolds squeezed into them, so that will replenish my supply of single outers for new acquisitions. :)

So the Clear Bags sleeves showed up early evening, I went ahead and cleaned single end dbl album, I wanted to see how they fit. They're nice, really clear, getting used to them from coming from the 5 mil will take some getting used to. What I don't quite understand is why the gatefold sleeves are not only wider, but also taller than the single LP version?

Good question. I load from the top, but maybe some like to load from the side?
I wonder if albums like No Code or Heathen, I think Bowies Reality is the same oversized gatefold, would fit these better from the side? Research..........

Has anyone else started getting shipping notices from sleevecity? I placed an order on 3/1 for the bulk Disckeeper 2.0 inner sleeves and a bunch of resealable outers. Both were listed (and still are) as backordered until February.

Wonder how far behind they are, and how far back in line I am.

Has anyone else started getting shipping notices from sleevecity? I placed an order on 3/1 for the bulk Disckeeper 2.0 inner sleeves and a bunch of resealable outers. Both were listed (and still are) as backordered until February.

I think they kind of stated digging their own grave by not marking items OOS and continuing to take orders, using the shipping delay as a "disclosure". I placed my order Feb. 6th, so you're not alone by any stretch, I just wonder how much damage they've caused to there customer base by going this route. I still love the product, but moved on, and going back might take some doing. Unfortunate.

I ordered feb I think, may have been late January. Non resealable outers and inners. Just got my order delivered yesterday.

I think they kind of stated digging their own grave by not marking items OOS and continuing to take orders, using the shipping delay as a "disclosure". I placed my order Feb. 6th, so you're not alone by any stretch, I just wonder how much damage they've caused to there customer base by going this route. I still love the product, but moved on, and going back might take some doing. Unfortunate.
Yeah, it's a shame, I've been using them since 2005-ish and never had a problem. I wonder if it's manufacturing or transport that's the issue or both.

Yeah, it's a shame, I've been using them since 2005-ish and never had a problem. I wonder if it's manufacturing or transport that's the issue or both.

They just made it out of the Suez :p

Try getting a refrigerator, mattress, or air conditioner. Still backlogs.

I ordered in November and still haven't received anything.

Diskeeper™ Audiophile Inner Sleeves (50 Pack)
Ultimate Outer 2.5 (50 Pack)
Spin-Clean® MKIII Drying Cloths

Ordered on Nov 25, got a shipping notice on Nov 30 then a few days later got an email saying actually, your order hasn't shipped and it's backordered. BUT I just went back into my account and have a shipping notice, label created yesterday. I'll believe it when I see it but hopefully they are on the way!

I ordered double inners in late feb. They arrived in early april. They showed as backordered when I ordered, and they still show as backordered.

If they are going to take orders for out-of-stock items, they need to do a better job of providing realistic time frames. Instead, they are acting like items are arriving any day, when they are actually months out. Heck, they still show most of their inners as back-ordered until Feb 2021 or March 2021. Update your website! It's not like you're doing anything else, like fulfilling orders.

so what is causing the shortage.. is it just covid making it hard to make Polypropylene and Polyethylene... or is everyone suddenly buying a ton of LP sleeves

Look, if some of you have been using SC for that long, you might as well stick with them. It wouldn’t make sense for you to start ordering sleeves from say ClearBags. It would totally throw off the feng shui of your collection. Stay vigilant.

Look, if some of you have been using SC for that long, you might as well stick with them. It wouldn’t make sense for you to start ordering sleeves from say ClearBags. It would totally throw off the feng shui of your collection. Stay vigilant.
thats why i bought mofis...

they feel different

so what is causing the shortage.. is it just covid making it hard to make Polypropylene and Polyethylene... or is everyone suddenly buying a ton of LP sleeves
Probably both. It seems like they had production issues and then issues getting them from their supplier.

Back