Record Sleeve Recommendation Thread

For those tired of waiting for Sleeve City to have product, Clear Bags is offering 10% off through 3/31 with code EVENT10.
I ordered a sample of their double outer, BLPDNF, and found it to be decent. Not quite as nice as a Sleeve City outer, but it will do.

For those tired of waiting for Sleeve City to have product, Clear Bags is offering 10% off through 3/31 with code EVENT10.
I ordered a sample of their double outer, BLPDNF, and found it to be decent. Not quite as nice as a Sleeve City outer, but it will do.
Yea--I agree. Not QUITE as nice as SC but they are fine with me! They are really nice and clear so they live up to their name!

I saw on another forum that the inners can leave marks on the vinyl, so I’d skip those.

I saw on another forum that the inners can leave marks on the vinyl, so I’d skip those.
I got the Hudson HiFi inners and quite like those if people are looking for inners. Haven't had any issues with those and I got 500 for $70 or something like that.
I also ordered 500 hudson hifi inners recently, which are really nice, comparable to mofi inners. It's worth waiting for that deal to pop up again.
Clear bags doesn't appear to have any rice paper lined inners, only those frosted vinyl ones.

Also recommend their BLP1NF which is a bit smaller (12 5/8" x 12 5/8") than the BLPDNF and is a better fit for non-gatefold albums.

I’ve been quite pleased with the product from Vinyl Storage Solutions. All singles and gatefolds have been going in their 4mil dual-pocket single-tuckable-flap outer sleeves; jacket in the pocket you can close, LPs in the open pocket. Perfectly clear, nicely sturdy sleeves. In the near future, I’ll be ordering some resealable dual pockets to try the sleeve-on-each-side-of-a-gatefold method, as originated (I believe) by Michael at 45RPm Audiophile on YouTube. Here’s a Link where he demonstrates said method, if anyone’s interested.

Cheers!

just ordered $40 worth of sleeves from Vinyl Storage Solutions. I still have an order from SleeveCity in the abyss for 5mil outers, but I can still hold off on outers for now. Inners though, gotta keep cleaning.

I also ordered 500 hudson hifi inners recently, which are really nice, comparable to mofi inners. It's worth waiting for that deal to pop up again.
Clear bags doesn't appear to have any rice paper lined inners, only those frosted vinyl ones.

I'll third the Hudson Hi-Fi. Great inners at great prices, haven't had an issue with them at all.

.......where were you yesterday? ;)

Latest update from Sleeve City, received today"
Thank you for contacting us. The product has finally arrived in Memphis, TN, however the importer has informed us that due to congestion at the railway it could still be 5-7 business days before they can deliver to us. We are hoping sooner but can only provide the information that is received at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

If anyone has grabbed that Hudson deal or similiar recently and happens to want to get rid of 50 or 100 or so (that's all I really need right now) shoot me a message. TX!

Last edited:
Seems like Hudson is also OOS everywhere I'm looking, boy this hobby must have gotten a huge influx during COVID ;)

On the flip side, there may be a slew of great deals 6 months after MOST feel safe going back out in to the world ;)

Who knows, the trend even before covid was upward the bubble has just grown much quicker because of it. Whilst I think there will be a reduction in prices I don’t see bargains in the offing anytime soon.

It's really hard to tell how post-Covid world will affect all of this. Logic would say money towards things like clothing, travel, etc. will return and eat into collectibles but I wonder to what extent, if people getting back into the job market will off set it, etc.

I think the industry will probably catch up to demand better so things like sleeves/accessories/hardware should be there but I think some of this will stick too

It's really hard to tell how post-Covid world will affect all of this. Logic would say money towards things like clothing, travel, etc. will return and eat into collectibles but I wonder to what extent, if people getting back into the job market will off set it, etc.

I think the industry will probably catch up to demand better so things like sleeves/accessories/hardware should be there but I think some of this will stick too
I definitely think the supply side is COVID delays plus increased demand. I think supplies will be readily available again once we're past COVID.

The bigger question is Vinyl itself, there was the large fire that occurred before COVID happened that people predicted would cause large scale delays. And then COVID happened, and the supply side of things got a lot worse. It will take months, if not years to dig out of the current hole, so I think increased prices and scarcity will be the new norm for the next few years.

Whether people stick with the hobby will be an interesting thing to watch.

I gotta be honest, this lack of supplies has curbed my buying, looking at the stack of records accumulated since this shortage uncleaned and unplayed is making it hard to even think of adding more to the pile.............but that's just me ;)

Back