Record Sleeve Recommendation Thread

I'd be curious in knowing, because I'd love to just do one bulk purchase and be done with it for a while.
I will let you know when they arrive. I usually order from Sleeve City but saw these posted on vinyldeals on reddit and was very tempted so I put in a small order.

Couldn't figure where to ask this, sorry if it should be somewhere else let me know.
I need a solution for CD storage. We have hundreds with no jewel boxes. Any ideas would be much appreciated.
Currently they are just stacked in drawers of an old chest. Thanks.

Couldn't figure where to ask this, sorry if it should be somewhere else let me know.
I need a solution for CD storage. We have hundreds with no jewel boxes. Any ideas would be much appreciated.
I had a similar issue with DVDs but I ended up just buying a large binder storage type thing because I just did not have the shelf space anymore...

Hey @dude, how about these five cent paper sleeves?
If there's an ikea near you, store the sleeved cds in these $2 boxes?

Last edited:
And I’d recomwnd the jazz lounge CD sleeves. Much thinner profile but still go on a standard CD shelf and allow for full display of all the artwork!

Thanks! Ordered the 500ct 2mm polypro’s. For that price I’ll have sleeves for life. And if I fill that many my girlfriend will leave me so I guess that makes more room for records? Thanks again for the recommendation.
Just got these in. They are garbage. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY. f-in-a 500 of these. I hope they take them back. Flimsy, poor seams, horrible finish. Bummer. Guess I'll order from sleeve city when they are in stock again.

Just got these in. They are garbage. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY. f-in-a 500 of these. I hope they take them back. Flimsy, poor seams, horrible finish. Bummer. Guess I'll order from sleeve city when they are in stock again.
Damn! That sucks...that’s why I ordered a tiny pack first to see what quality is like. I still haven’t received mine...people were complimenting them on reddit so I guess I have to take that with a grain of salt next time. Price did seem too cheap. I’m not expecting sleeve city or MoFi quality but if they are that bad, I can always use mine as replacement sleeves when I sell records...

Damn! That sucks...that’s why I ordered a tiny pack first to see what quality is like. I still haven’t received mine...people were complimenting them on reddit so I guess I have to take that with a grain of salt next time. Price did seem too cheap. I’m not expecting sleeve city or MoFi quality but if they are that bad, I can always use mine as replacement sleeves when I sell records...
I called the company and talked to the owner. He was really nice. Very genuine about improving the quality of the product. Maybe garbage was a bit of an overstatement. The seams are very primitive with wisps of plastic and rough edges. I cannot speak to the strength of them but my reaction is based on the aesthetics when compared to Sleeve City Ultimate Outer 2.5's that I normally use. I was promptly sent an RA and am sending them back. They guy is passionate about what he does and took my feedback seriously. I am willing to try them again in the future if they come out with a more refined update. Will they protect my records? I'm sure they will. But Sleeve City set the bar pretty high. Even the cheapO ones I buy at my local record shop just seem to be finished much more cleanly.

I called the company and talked to the owner. He was really nice. Very genuine about improving the quality of the product. Maybe garbage was a bit of an overstatement. The seams are very primitive with wisps of plastic and rough edges. I cannot speak to the strength of them but my reaction is based on the aesthetics when compared to Sleeve City Ultimate Outer 2.5's that I normally use. I was promptly sent an RA and am sending them back. They guy is passionate about what he does and took my feedback seriously. I am willing to try them again in the future if they come out with a more refined update. Will they protect my records? I'm sure they will. But Sleeve City set the bar pretty high. Even the cheapO ones I buy at my local record shop just seem to be finished much more cleanly.

Really glad to hear this. I bought a 200-pack but it hasn’t arrived yet. Thanks for sharing about your experience.

Yea--I can tell at least the owner seems to care about reputation and is reasonable. I even just asked on reddit about my delivery (I ordered a small pack of 10" sleeves and a small pack of 12" sleeves but my shipping only had the 12"). Within 5 minutes, I got a response saying if there is an issue when I receive it to email them and gave me an email address.

The Sleeve City sleeves are awesome so those are typically my go-to's. I'm sure they still will be after this, but maybe these can be okay for me for certain records and I can swap the cheaper sleeves out for my nicer ones. I have a bunch of cheap-o records with Ultimate Outers right now which seems a bit silly but my OCD about my records means I wanted them all protected hah.

Maybe @TheRedMantra prepared me for the worst, but I did get the 3mil plastic outer sleeves from Music Record Shop and I don't think they are all that awful. Definitely not as nice as Sleeve City product, but these were also $18 shipped for 100 of them. Mine are a bit cloudier and not as sturdy. I'm more than happy to use these on some of my cheaper records that just need protection or include them on albums I mail out to people.

MoFi inners are buy 2 get 1 free over at Target’s sale right now. AKA 150 sleeves for $40

Sorry, just seen this. I also recommend the Jazz Lounge CD sleeves that @Joe Mac mentioned. Great quality, and make a huge difference in terms of space. I always had to factor in the import fees on the cost, but I think they were reasonably USD priced.

visited- my dad went to CalPoly and gigged around back when, so lots of family friends and stays in that area over the years.

and I have not tried them yet, but saw some of those things when perusing the reviews. interested in more feedback before ordering, I might be fine with them not feeling the same as mofi when they cost 50%, and most of the ratings seem pretty good.

I just randomly remembered about you asking for feedback on the Square Deal Recordings MoFi style sleeves. I've used the majority of the 50 pack now and can say they're solid. Clearly feel and look a bit cheaper then official MoFi sleeves but i'll probably buy another pack and use them for my cheaper records as I still feel fully confident using them especially being nearly half the cost.

My order of preference is Sleeve City's Audiophile inners then MoFi then these are a step or two below while still being much better then just the purely plastic sleeves.

Back