Record Sleeve Recommendation Thread

Look, if some of you have been using SC for that long, you might as well stick with them. It wouldn’t make sense for you to start ordering sleeves from say ClearBags. It would totally throw off the feng shui of your collection. Stay vigilant.

That made me almost spit my tea. One note on Clear bags, Shipping is $10 for a $21 order so I been holding off. My local shop sold me 50 rice papers sleeves from there supply until I run across a good deal, in stock, with free ship out there.

Last edited:
That made me almost spit my tea. One note on Clear bags, Shipping is $10 for a $21 order so I been holding off. My local shop sold me 50 rice papers sleeves from there supply until I run across a good deal, in stock, with free ship out there.
I have learned to order more than I think I'll need since I constantly run out of outer and inner sleeves. So the shipping cost makes it a bit more worth it if you're buying a bigger batch.

Well, one thing I can say is that ClearBags appears to be on top of their game. I ordered both their 12-15/16" and 12-5/8" outer sleeves (100 per package) last Wednesday and received them today. That was the last day of their 10% sale, which amounted to a bit under half the shipping cost.

Well, one thing I can say is that ClearBags appears to be on top of their game. I ordered both their 12-15/16" and 12-5/8" outer sleeves (100 per package) last Wednesday and received them today. That was the last day of their 10% sale, which amounted to a bit under half the shipping cost.

I probably would of got some if I seen there was a sale, but I have a line on some now that are about 2 weeks out that hopefully come in. After I get mine on order I will gladly share the info if that sounds fair ?

Just got an email from sleevecity asking me to login to my account and re-enter my credit card info since the charge hold had expired and that my items will be in stock in 1-2 days. Hopefully this it 🤞

I didn’t get a shipping notice from SC. They just showed up.

If anyone is on the lookout for MOFi inner sleeves, amazon has them in stock for one day delivery. Just snagged two bundles.

I got a shipping notice from Sleeve City and I had just placed an order on the 6th. So maybe things are getting better? Or maybe somehow I jumped the backorder line and now everybody will be angry..

I didn’t get a shipping notice from SC. They just showed up.

If anyone is on the lookout for MOFi inner sleeves, amazon has them in stock for one day delivery. Just snagged two bundles.

There a little high there $27 for 50, but Amz has to cover the "free" shipping.

The source I was waiting for inners on is now saying June even though they told me 2 weeks, great!

Well I'm an idiot and waited until I completely ran out of inner sleeves. I ordered more from Sleeve City but backorder status is unknown so anyone found anything comparable to the Audiophile Inners? I've always found Mofi to be too flimsy.

Luckily I do not suffer from a OCD record collection :D so am holding out for my source (which is now June btw :(. If Mofi were $20/50 shipped I would probally just grab 100 but there $27 on Amz. Other places seem sold out now as well.

Last edited:
Luckily I do not suffer from a OCD record collection :D so am holding out for my source (which is now June btw :(. If Mofi were $20/50 shipped I would probally just grab 100 but there $27 on Amz. Other places seem sold out now as well.
These Gotta Groove Records Rice Paper Inner Sleeves are comparable to MoFi inners, and run $14.99 for 50

For lack of a better place to put these comparison photos for @highqualityrecords I’mma drop them here. These are just for reference and comparison w/r/t clarity of film.

C2FA8853-E57C-4BA6-8681-0D7E46EA9FB9.jpegThis is a standard-issue no-frills poly sleeve (right) and an Ultimate Outer 2.5 (left) both atop the same sleeve with a gap between them to show the actual sleeve tone. Both sleeves are empty so this is 2x film.

8EB73378-D776-4AC2-AE6D-DC384E7CB8A9.jpeg
This is the standard poly bag on the sleeve, half pulled-down.
E79DE749-1DF7-4785-AC16-A7642365B42D.jpeg
This is the Ulimate Outer 2.5 on a mirror board sleeve, half pulled down.

7F19FFC0-7199-4789-8324-3150D6F95166.jpeg
And this is the std sleeve (back), the Ultimate Outer 2.5 boxset (middle), and Ultimate Outer 2.5 (top).

Back