Record cleaning - what's your method?

If I want to keep the original inner sleeve I just slide it into the sleeve next to the new inner sleeve. 95% of the time it fits no problem. If it doesn't I just keep it in the outer sleeve.
I actually did that already for 2 or 3 records, but I was thinking that maybe there might be a good way to clean and re-use inner-sleeves, so that I could get rid of the double inner-sleeves...

Thanks!

I actually did that already for 2 or 3 records, but I was thinking that maybe there might be a good way to clean and re-use inner-sleeves, so that I could get rid of the double inner-sleeves...

Thanks!
Paper sleeves can damage records so I always replace them. If it's an older record with some sort of design on the inner, then I'll keep it. If it's just a plain paper inner, that goes in the recycling for me.

Thanks!
The only way to clean it would probably be just blowing out the inside of it with canned air or something which wouldn’t be very effective. Other than that just either slip the new sleeve inside the old or keep the old sleeve separate from the new one.

In my case, I slide the old inner sleeve (if it's worth keeping) and to MoFi in side by side in the jacket. I never thought of putting one inner in the other.

If I want to keep the original inner sleeve I just slide it into the sleeve next to the new inner sleeve. 95% of the time it fits no problem. If it doesn't I just keep it in the outer sleeve.
Same

Thanks for your replies. I was hoping to find a better solution to clean inner sleeves. I tried blowing them with canned air, and cleaning with a feather duster, both without the success I was hoping for. But I think you guys are right, I'll just continue to keep the old empty inner sleeve besides the new filled one inside the cover - it doesn't really bother me that much...

MoFi inners generally fit into any printed original inners just fine, fwiw.
Interesting, never even thought of trying. I'm with most other, replace with a clean sleeve, keep originals worth keeping in the jacket. I keep the new inner/album outside the jacket though, in the outer sleeve, to avoid taking the jacket in and out :)

with a brand new record.. should i still clean with the spin clean fluid or should i just only do water

ok.. just that means i need to wait a little while because i dont wanna waste all of the fluid i have from a few records

This is what I do, for the most part. Since one round of Spin Clean fluid is usually good for about 50 records, I wait until I have about 15-20 new discs for cleaning, and then use the remainder on some of my vintage records that need it.

This is what I do, for the most part. Since one round of Spin Clean fluid is usually good for about 50 records, I wait until I have about 15-20 new discs for cleaning, and then use the remainder on some of my vintage records that need it.
i'll just have to wait a while to listen to some of my record i guess

also what kind of sleeving of jackets do you do for a picture disc.. i have one but no idea how to store it afterwards (in the non sleeved case it came with?)

Lately I've noticed that my TTVJ fluid is leaving a white streaky stain on the dead wax. Anyone else experience0214202206b.jpg this?

I’ve never used the ttvj but that’s not good to state the obvious, if it’s from the cleaning solution it’s going to in the grooves as well. Also I’m assuming it wasn’t there before you cleaned it. I have had used records exhibit that before cleaning.

Back