Record cleaning - what's your method?

Again, just what I did when I had them and what was recommended to me, I never had any issues.
Warm or hot setting.. and speed was with auto soak or towels and sheets just trying to figure out these washer settings

Warm or hot setting.. and speed was with auto soak or towels and sheets just trying to figure out these washer settings
Whites are usually washed in hot water. I would say with the towel setting, but every washer is a little different so I couldn't tell you for sure.

Whites are usually washed in hot water. I would say with the towel setting, but every washer is a little different so I couldn't tell you for sure.
I used warm but it should be fine

I think 30 minutes on the cotton's setting in the dryer will also work

Is my spin clean defective.. everyone I put a record in it does this

Attachments

• 15774866494693701988503314312714.jpg
    15774866494693701988503314312714.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 31
if spinning the record is supposed to be this insanely slow and the rollers stopping every rotation of them because vinyl records i dunno maybe their is a slight warp or the brushes are going too tight and hurting it..

i'm learning i dont like my spin clean.... not that its horrible... but its SUPER laborious and it feels like im not covering the whole record

u looked at a you tube video - This might help ?

i dont wipe dry records after tho i have a rack to air dry records.
but yeah cleaning is tedious. I always clean as i buy - dont ever want a huge backlog to wash.

Do you have the right amount of water in the basin? The rubber pieces should definitely not raise up like that. Looks like additional friction is being introduced somehow.
i swore i had (maybe like a millimeter lower).. i dont know if its EXACT but it feels like its losing water after each LP i wash

plus if i remove the brushes and spin it on an empty spin clean it all goes away

Also maybe check brushes are sat inside correctly and record is pushed down far enough ?

Also maybe check brushes are sat inside correctly and record is pushed down far enough ?
This should be right
15774933391846504438254412614316.jpg

And I was going to Video an example of cleaning funeral to show it fail but actually it was fairly comfortable to do.. the roller stopped moving when the bump happened but the other roller did perfectly fine turning it and I tried again with Arctic monkeys as well and both were like this

It's just this one roller that's the real bother

I can blame some of the feeling of not being cleaned on the fact I had trouble with the cleaning fluid.. it didn't stay in the 4oz cap (for some reason despite owning a MKII spin clean I got MK3 fluid instead So either I accidentally didn't put in enough fluid because of the fluid being in a MK3 Bottle or this next one) and I am not sure how much I got in the actual brushes and not in the water for example.

It's just this one roller that's the real bother

I can blame some of the feeling of not being cleaned on the fact I had trouble with the cleaning fluid.. it didn't stay in the 4oz cap (for some reason despite owning a MKII spin clean I got MK3 fluid instead So either I accidentally didn't put in enough fluid because of the fluid being in a MK3 Bottle or this next one) and I am not sure how much I got in the actual brushes and not in the water for example.
Send an e-mail to Spin Clean if the roller is a bother. I've e-mailed them in the past when I had a brush problem and they just sent me replacements.

i swore i had (maybe like a millimeter lower).. i dont know if its EXACT but it feels like its losing water after each LP i wash

plus if i remove the brushes and spin it on an empty spin clean it all goes away

The trick on the Spin Clean to keep the rollers spinning nicely and not riding up as you spin the record is to actually overfill the water just a bit past the line. The water also serves to lubricate the axles on the end pieces so when it's low they'll pinch and roll up.

Last edited:
The trick on the Spin Clean to keep the rollers spinning nicely and not riding up as you spin the record is to actually overfill the water just a bit past the line. The water also serves to lubricate the axles on the end pieces so when it's low they'll pinch and roll up.

Yes this, and in addition when I’m filling I pour the water in over each roller and the brushes rather than directly into the bowl so as to make sure it’s all nicely wet to prevent any issues.

How do you clean the spin cleans basin (also 30 LPs are very heavy to do.. im getting exercise)

Last edited:
How do you clean the spin cleans basin (also 30 LPs are very heavy to do.. im getting exercise)
I wipe the basin out with a paper towel. I wouldn't worry about getting it spotless because I imagine by the time you've cleaned a couple of records there's more guff in the water than would've been in the corners

maybe the biggest frustrator for me about my spin clean is i have to do it in the dining room (where i have to figure out how to store those records and carry them over which UUUUGH) because my room has a carpet that would cause a bunch of problems.... i thought about maybe laying one of the cloths on the carpet and doing that but it probably would be more trouble than needed

Back