Record cleaning - what's your method?

Really tempted by an Okki Nokki, so will keeping an eye out in the new year for any January sales or discounts to see if I cant get a good deal. If anyone sees anything, UK specifically, let me know!

So today the tube on my VPI 16.5 just came off. While it was vacuuming it went with the record and just came right off. I think I put it back on right but now it seems that it's not making as clean of a seal with the record. This ever happen to anyone? Any advice?

So today the tube on my VPI 16.5 just came off. While it was vacuuming it went with the record and just came right off. I think I put it back on right but now it seems that it's not making as clean of a seal with the record. This ever happen to anyone? Any advice?
First the tip comes off and if you don’t heed the warning the whole tube goes in one fell swoop!

I broke down and purchased some disc doctor miracle cleaner from acoustic sounds instead of tergikleen since they bashed that we will see how there’s compares.

Mine did the same thing after a while, the notch end actually broke so I couldn't reuse it. I went ahead and boaught the delrin replacement tube........all good now ;)

I broke down and purchased some disc doctor miracle cleaner from acoustic sounds instead of tergikleen since they bashed that we will see how there’s compares.

Where was Tergikleen bashed? That's one ingredient I see almost universal praise for. I just can't get it locally, if not I'd have some by now.

Where was Tergikleen bashed? That's one ingredient I see almost universal praise for. I just can't get it locally, if not I'd have some by now.
During the record cleaning seminar at Rocky Mountain audio fest, to be fair they all were from companies that sell cleaning products and or machines/tools and they all said how terrible it was because it’s “toxic” I think of you go back through this thread we may have discussed it. They all talked about how you should know what’s in the cleaning “solution” you buy except they don’t tell you what makes up there’s. Tergikleen is effective compared to just isopropyl alcohol mixed in and “toxic” isn’t specific to what degree or in what ways even water can be toxic in absurd amounts to the human body. I decided to try the stuff acoustic sounds sells, the guy on the panel from there says they use it amongst other products depending on the state of the record being cleaned. Obviously like with most things you can’t expect one product or method to always be ideal but it seems like with cavitation if you anything that breaks down oils and other contaminants and you rinse the record it should be just fine for most records.

All at different times. It depends on how tired my arms are 😂.

I do try to slow down with lighter records that have more flex in them.
The thinner records I try to slightly push when going one direction and slightly pull when going the other to make sure the cleaning surface gets in there. 180 grams I don’t really do that.

i find I spin at a medium pace but I’ve seen a YouTube video where the guy went super slow

Back