Pre-Order Thread

Apparently only 50 available and shipping from OZ soooo pricey but @NathanRicaud might be one that makes sense for you

Apparently only 50 available and shipping from OZ soooo pricey but @NathanRicaud might be one that makes sense for you
Hey! That’s actually a really good deal for me as it’s signed and I am a massive Avalanches fan too! They’re my favourite musical act to come from Australia and their Melbournian too! 🌈⭐🌊🏆

I’m tight on money unfortunately (because I’m moving out of home just after Christmas), so I can’t buy any vinyl in the meantime...😩

I am getting the VMP variant however so that works out alright! I’m looking really forward to seeing how the VMP variant looks in person and can’t wait to listen to this album on my system! I love We Will Always Love You so much already! It’s an amazing album! ❤️

Thank you so much for the tag though! I really appreciate it. Awesome that they have a merch store based in Australia still! 😍

Here's the links for the Appleseed Cast LLO reissue

The brownish "jungle" swirl can be bought single from Burnt Toast Records. The green teal can be bought single from Steadfast Records. And then the clear is an indie store variant and can only be bought with a bundle of the other pressings if you want it now.

I'm disappointed because I thought based on the Facebook picture that it would contain all three colors but oh well. I chose the ugly jungle swirl because it looks closer to the album cover feathers.

Man I love these albums. I saw them on the LLO tour when it came to Norman Oklahoma. The owner of Graveface Records was there playing under his band called Dreamend. It was an epic and long set but flowed so perfectly. They even covered a Van Pelt song at the very end and they asked the crowd if anyone knew who they were covering and I was the only one who knew because I'm a big Emo nerd.

Here's the links for the Appleseed Cast LLO reissue

The brownish "jungle" swirl can be bought single from Burnt Toast Records. The green teal can be bought single from Steadfast Records. And then the clear is an indie store variant and can only be bought with a bundle of the other pressings if you want it now.

I'm disappointed because I thought based on the Facebook picture that it would contain all three colors but oh well. I chose the ugly jungle swirl because it looks closer to the album cover feathers.

Man I love these albums. I saw them on the LLO tour when it came to Norman Oklahoma. The owner of Graveface Records was there playing under his band called Dreamend. It was an epic and long set but flowed so perfectly. They even covered a Van Pelt song at the very end and they asked the crowd if anyone knew who they were covering and I was the only one who knew because I'm a big Emo nerd.
Awesome! Grabbed the jungle swirl. FWIW, while I had heard *of* this band before, I never actually listened to them until I listened to LLO #1 last night. Really impressed.

Awesome! Grabbed the jungle swirl. FWIW, while I had heard *of* this band before, I never actually listened to them until I listened to LLO #1 last night. Really impressed.

They get classified as emo (rightfully so from their earliest records) but this album always felt like something much more to me. It's a masterpiece imo. They've definitely ventured more into Post-Rock in the last 15 years or so.

I have a lot of memories and nostalgia tied up in this band and especially this album since they're from Lawrence, KS and I lived there for a decade in their heyday. I can't count the amount of times I've seen them play live. I already have the Gold pressing from back in the day and my wife told me that I can't buy a second copy this close to Christmas!

They get classified as emo (rightfully so from their earliest records) but this album always felt like something much more to me. It's a masterpiece imo. They've definitely ventured more into Post-Rock in the last 15 years or so.

I have a lot of memories and nostalgia tied up in this band and especially this album since they're from Lawrence, KS and I lived there for a decade in their heyday. I can't count the amount of times I've seen them play live. I already have the Gold pressing from back in the day and my wife told me that I can't buy a second copy this close to Christmas!
The first time I saw the Appleseed Cast was in December of 2001. They opened for the Get Up Kids in a small theater in Madison, WI (The Barrymore). I had never heard the band before, and was just going to see the Get Up Kids. But, I was just blown away by Appleseed's sound. One of the few shows where the opener outperforms the headliner. I remember thinking, "if I was in a band, I would want it to sound like this." Their earlier drummer had this really unconventional style, strange time signatures, and kit setup. Then they had the layered melodic guitar parts over top. Just really incredible stuff for that time. They played Madison quite a bit over the next few years, probably saw them four or five more times at various student unions and out on the Terrace. Which, if you can imagine, is a small stage set-up immediately on the lake. I remember seeing them that summer during the LLO years on that lake. Just this huge sound that carried over the water. Steps and Numbers and On Reflection were particularly potent.

But, for @Sonicpharmacist , check out these tunes. Their sound has changed quite a bit over the years. Early stuff was rather lo-fi, gritty melodic emo, then they stray into a more experimental/instrumental almost post-rock sound. Sagamartha is a perfect record, top to bottom. I'd say they are one of the most underrated bands out there; though it is mostly just Chris now with a long-list of touring musicians that come and go.

Back