Pre-Order Thread

uncle-tupelo-no-depression-crystal-clear-vinyl

Uncle Tupelo

No Depression (Crystal Clear Vinyl)​

Here come the John Prine Asylum Reissues.

What's the mastering/pressing details on these, assuming they are the same as the box? I can't remember if that was discussed. The discogs listing for the box doesn't have deadwax info. To anyone who has the box, how are they?

A new pre-order from International Anthem:

Force Majeure [Dezrom Douglas & Brandee Younger]

View attachment 75154

FYI, International Anthem has sold out of 180 gm copies that were pressed in the U.S (Smashed Plastic in Chicago). The remaining 140 gm copies (only 55 left) were pressed at Pallas, and are shipping from the UK. FWIW, both pressings use lacquers cut at SST in Germany.

FYI, International Anthem has sold out of 180 gm copies that were pressed in the U.S (Smashed Plastic in Chicago). The remaining 140 gm copies (only 55 left) were pressed at Pallas, and are shipping from the UK. FWIW, both pressings use lacquers cut at SST in Germany.

Funny I emailed them earlier today asking why shipping was so high---glad they added the explanation.

I mean, I think you answered your own question.

Yeah, i did check in on discogs after and read a bunch of complaints about the single LP, so that did answer my questions as well. That said, it is a unique situation in which the same 2015 album got 45RPM and 33RPM presses. So are they both original pressings based on the release date, or does labelling one as "Deluxe" take it out of the running? Again - I may have answered my own question again ;) but I'm curious about this in general. I'm guessing the simultaneous release of the an album at 33 and 45 isn't too common, so the semantics over what might be the OG is rarely an issue.

Yeah, i did check in on discogs after and read a bunch of complaints about the single LP, so that did answer my questions as well. That said, it is a unique situation in which the same 2015 album got 45RPM and 33RPM presses. So are they both original pressings based on the release date, or does labelling one as "Deluxe" take it out of the running? Again - I may have answered my own question again ;) but I'm curious about this in general. I'm guessing the simultaneous release of the an album at 33 and 45 isn't too common, so the semantics over what might be the OG is rarely an issue.
Yeah, I think it’s the semantics tripping you up. They’re both OG, since they use different cuts and plating. So you’d really just be specifying an “original of the 45rpm pressing” or “original of the 33rpm pressing.”

Yeah, I was referring to the common 33 rpm standard edition. Both are original pressings though.

Funny I emailed them earlier today asking why shipping was so high---glad they added the explanation.
Double funny: I emailed International Anthem today about the exact same issue, but for a different record — the very last copy of the “moon dust” version of Rob Mazurek’s Exploding Star Orchestra “Dimensional Stardust.” I paid $14 shipping instead of the normal $5 bc the last copy was Europe inventory. I don’t know whether it was pressed in Europe like “Force Majeure,” which I almost also bought today but didn’t.

Double funny: I emailed International Anthem today about the exact same issue, but for a different record — the very last copy of the “moon dust” version of Rob Mazurek’s Exploding Star Orchestra “Dimensional Stardust.” I paid $14 shipping instead of the normal $5 bc the last copy was Europe inventory. I don’t know whether it was pressed in Europe like “Force Majeure,” which I almost also bought today but didn’t.

I was going to buy that as well but it was sold out! I was able to get a copy through Nonesuch records though. I usually am pretty quick to the draw with International Anthem items, but I have been away from home so didn't want the boxes to pile up too much.

I'm not familiar with his music, not a fan?

I think it’s more the whole controversy of him grooming young hopeful female artists with promises of record deals/recording sessions and his manipulative and controlling behaviour towards his ex wife.

The NY Times did an expose just before the first of a trio of albums was to be released in early 2019. The record company pulled its release. This was to be the second of the trio. I think that’s more what the post is referring to.

Back