Pre-Order Thread

1607526104936.png

1607526162382.png

i might be thin-skinned and biased here as a german but comparing book burning ( mostly done by oppressive regimes like the nazis) with someone stating they don´t want to support an artist like ryan adam is just something i do not wanna let stand here uncommented. it is simply not the same . someone not agrreing witha dams as a person and not supporting his art or even urging others not to buy his stuff is far from censorship carried out by an oppressive regime. No one will fear repercussions for buying ryans stuff, he is not censored, indeed his record are widely available at all retailers, he is able to express his views on social media and (probably, i did not check) on music websites and publications as well.
I do understand that it is a personal decison whose stuff to buy and whose not and we are probably all inconsequential and hypocritical in our actions regarding this, ( i love his past work too much to have gotten rid of the lps i have, but feel no great need to dive in the new one itm, but have led zep, stones or bowie records without having a clear cut rule on hat to buy and what not) but just shouting "cancel culture" and "censorship" i find a bit too simplistic. I grant him or others ( like morissey) the right to free expression and releasing music. i don´t want anyone to enforce him not to pu out records, but i also i also want to grant anyone the right to refuse to collaborate or financially support those as well as the right to criticize them and their work
This is how I feel. I find the term “cancel culture” to be a bit too simplistic but as with most thing alliteration works wonders when trying to sell something like this. We live in a free market people will decide with their money whether they are willing to overlook an artist’s misdeeds.

Specifically to Ryan Adams he has proven to be a giant turd. I am not buying any new Ryan Adams music but a lot of that has more to do with the fact that I don’t particularly enjoy his newer releases. If Rock N Roll or Pneumonia are ever reissued though I would probably purchase them.

It’s up to each person on whether they can separate the art from the artist. Time typically makes this separation easier for people but that doesn’t mean folks shouldn’t be made aware or remain ignorant to an artist’s past reprehensible behavior.

For those still hunting for BurialTetYorke. If you have a local record store, give them a call. Even if it's not close, give them a call anyway, and maybe they will mail it to you. I was speaking to a guy at my local store yesterday and he said they are getting them in, but have no plans of putting them up for sale online. He is putting some aside for customers who ask about them, and the rest will go in the New Vinyl shelf when they arrive.
I second this. I called my local yesterday and they said they are getting in copies and that they would set one aside. They are super small and don't ship, so best bet, call your local!

I wonder if the Aerosmith, Rolling Stones, Sam Cooke, Led Zeppelin, Iggy Pop and RHCP records met similar fates or if just ol' Ryan took the fall for all of rock and roll's sins
They didn't do it to Brand New but Ryan Adam's... I asked about both of them. I asked if they were getting in used copies more often and they said not really. They used to always sell Brand New and be out of stock of all their albums. These days they have plenty in stock and they just sit there

To follow up on an earlier post about the pre-order for Andrew Bird - Hark!
I heard back from Bullmoose...it's not promising but hey, points for honesty.

I have reached out to our buyers for more information. Right now our vendors do not show an updated street date so stay tuned for more information on what may be causing the delay.

And another one:

The War on Drugs - LIVE DRUGS

The FBI investigation is still ongoing.
Despite recent attempts to undermine the legitimacy of our institutions, I still trust that the FBI are good at their jobs and are an unbiased law enforcement agency dedicated to justice and getting it right.

So, as an officer of the court, I am trying to reserve judgment on what is fact and what is allegation until the authorities reach their conclusions.

That being said, the information that has been reported to date makes that difficult.

Despite recent attempts to undermine the legitimacy of our institutions, I still trust that the FBI are good at their jobs and are an unbiased law enforcement agency dedicated to justice and getting it right.

So, as an officer of the court, I am trying to reserve judgment on what is fact and what is allegation until the authorities reach their conclusions.

That being said, the information that has been reported to date makes that difficult.

Here's the thing. He didn't deny any allegations and in fact confirmed many of them.

I dont need a court or the fbi to tell me he's a piece of shit. He told us that himself.

Back