Pre-Order Thread

Ugh, I don't like RI. Lots of noise on their pressings in my experience...

They're hit or miss for me. Sometimes I wonder how good the master is that they use.

I have better luck with them than Optimal these days.

Never had anything with a major issue like I've had with multiple Optimal pressings.

They're hit or miss for me. Sometimes I wonder how good the master is that they use.

I have better luck with them than Optimal these days.

Never had anything with a major issue like I've had with multiple Optimal pressings.
Yes, I am much more afraid of Optimal. And you're right, something does have to be said for the quality of the master. Even Rainbo was able to put out good pressings when the master was good. I've got that Kinks mono boxset that they pressed and it's great. Nary a pop on the whole thing... And RI is WAY better than Rainbo.

I'm not very familiar with Pulp tbh 🤔 I do like Blur, they're both Britpop 😂 thank you for looking out tho! I think @Joe Mac is more the audience? (maybe?)
If you like Blur, you almost certainly will like Pulp.

Pulp is also easy to approach, because there really are just 4 albums that you need, unless you get really into them and want to deep dive. His 'n Hers and Different Class are entrenched in the Brit Pop sound. This Is Hardcore is a bit more arty and incorporates a more diverse set of influences. We Love Life is warmer and almost pastoral at times. All are worthy of attention, and once you get into one you almost certainly will get into them all.

I don't know how 'cheap' your purchase was. I paid $11.89 (plus tax) and just checked my order--shows it is supposed to arrive tomorrow by 8PM. (Though when I "track package," it shows BOTH that it's due tomorrow AND that it hasn't been shipped yet. To be continued, I suppose...)
Just received an email from Amazon about the Laura Marling order. And once again it is showing as shipped. Fingers crossed.

You saved $2.09 with Amazon.com's Pre-order Price Guarantee! The price of the following item decreased after you ordered, and we gave you the lowest price.

Song For Our Daughter
Price on order date:​
$13.98​
Price charged at shipping:​
$11.89​
Lowest price before release date:​
$11.89​
Quantity:​
1​
Total Savings:​
$2.09​

Pulp/Jarvis Cocker fans rejoice. @gaporter I think this might include you?

love this album, i found a copy in the wild at a shop in Portland a few years ago after it was already getting crazy discogs prices. I hope the re-issue includes the 7 inch of ****s are running the world...

Ill add to the above. Highly recommend the 2020 release from Candace. Album is called Ideal Corners is more in the dreamy pop genre. Solid stuff and only a few copies left.

Candace - Ideal Corners

Checked this out, and I love it! Listened to this album on repeat 5 times in a row. To me, it sounds like a more accessible Beach House. Lucky to have snagged one of the last white and black splatter vinyl.

Back