Pre-Order Thread

Last edited:
My favorite band has their new album up for preorder!

Is it my Birthday today? No.
Is it Christmas already?
Something is going on B/C I got a Wildflowers Reissue and New Deftones on the Same Damn Day!

This is going to sound like a strange question because I don't listen to much Tom Petty. But why is this the album that everyone has been hyped for? Is it a really great album or is it just the lack of availably?
People have already answered this plenty, but it's a really great album. One of his best, and personally meaningful to a lot of people in the '90s. But also the availability thing.
Respectfully disagree. The one you want is Damn the Torpedoes, dangit. But Wildflowers is second.
Right. If you're a Petty fan at all though, you've probably been able to pick up a decent used copy for cheap already.

Respectfully disagree. The one you want is Damn the Torpedoes, dangit. But Wildflowers is second.
So here is a thing I just discovered. The 2019 red pressing of Damn The Torpedoes uses the original 2010 ORG plates, is mastered by Bellman at BG mastering and is pressed at Pallas. Uh, purchased.

EDIT: Although now that I look it appears that pretty much all the pressings of this one from 2017 on use those same plates. Some are pressed at RTI, some Pallas and the 2017 appear to be QRP. So I guess they're all pretty great. That's nice to see.

Yeah...I posted that one back when the pre-order went up.
Oh my bad! I did a search before putting it and didn’t see that. Can never have too much XTC!

Good looking for real! I wasn’t tracking either of these coming out and I was totally keen on them. I knew they’d come out eventually since it seems Andy Partridge has been doing everything. But I did not know it was imminent!

For everyone that's looking to avoid VMP, the Soul Jazz reissue series is starting to see pre-orders for the standard pressings. This has also confirmed the next 2 releases in the 4-part series (there's also an additional limited pressing of an extra one for RSD). It looks like it's going to be 'Doug Carn feat. The Voice of Jean Carn - Spirit Of The New Land' and 'The Awakening - Hear, Sense And Feel'.

Sound Of The Universe here in London have the pre-orders up for £26 each

Screenshot 2020-08-21 at 12.14.38.png

New Analog Africa!

For everyone that's looking to avoid VMP, the Soul Jazz reissue series is starting to see pre-orders for the standard pressings. This has also confirmed the next 2 releases in the 4-part series (there's also an additional limited pressing of an extra one for RSD). It looks like it's going to be 'Doug Carn feat. The Voice of Jean Carn - Spirit Of The New Land' and 'The Awakening - Hear, Sense And Feel'.

Sound Of The Universe here in London have the pre-orders up for £26 each

View attachment 62414

These will be mine!

Ooooh nice find! Hopefully they will be rolling out some more releases, the Duke Pearson is great!

Yup their first release was great and incredibly well done. I was hoping they would put out more releases but they have been too quiet since.

Back