Pre-Order Thread

Looks like, right now, you can get digital of everything BUT the alternate versions for a crazy price of $30:
Eh...$30 for all of that in FLAC specially mastered for digital is not too crazy IMO.

Eh...$30 for all of that in FLAC specially mastered for digital is not too crazy IMO.

Maybe growing up in the age of P2P file sharing makes me put the brakes on any digital output that costs more than $15.
Also the "Digital Download Code Swap Meet" thread has not helped change that thought process.

SO I'm not up on what the going rate is for something like this.

Maybe growing up in the age of P2P file sharing makes me put the brakes on any digital output that costs more than $15.
Also the "Digital Download Code Swap Meet" thread has not helped change that thought process.

SO I'm not up on what the going rate is for something like this.
I’m in the same boat as you re: P2P era. But I recently got a digital hi-res streaming setup so was looking to see how much high res downloads cost nowadays. A full length album in 24bit tends to cost around $20-25. And this has way more tracks on it. I don’t tend to buy many high res downloads though...I typically buy a CD to rip or buy the vinyl and get stuff on RED but I have downloaded one or two albums from HDTracks or AS.

HD Tracks has a digital version of a Woodstock box set (400+ songs) and it’s $400 just for download haha.

Bummer news on the UO coupon front. Looks like they are starting to exclude Vinyl from alot of them. I buy from UO alot so end up getting a good amount of those $10 off $50 for order cancellations, and an occasional 30% apology for when something goes really wrong with a shipment (like a damaged item that is now sold out).
Have used these for Vinyl always abut as of now I have 3 in my bank and none would work for the Weeknd or any other Vinyl. I went straight to the email for 30% off and now vinyl is excluded in the terms (and it never was before).

Luckily sitewide sales would still include everything as well as the $5 reward coupons Im sure. But overall a bummer and will cut back on my UO purchases Im sure, especially with how overpriced some are.

Same here. Hopefully a store wide sale soon. Have a $5 off coupon I could use but that basically only covers the shipping.

👀
Ummm...no.
I’m really surprised the high res download business model is still working. I guess places like Acoustic Sounds don’t have to spend too much on it but I don’t know who is buying HD Tracks albums regularly at their pricing? Maybe it’s mostly older audiophiles who moved from vinyl to CD to streaming?

I’m really surprised the high res download business model is still working. I guess places like Acoustic Sounds don’t have to spend too much on it but I don’t know who is buying HD Tracks albums regularly at their pricing? Maybe it’s mostly older audiophiles who moved from vinyl to CD to streaming?

Yeah...I think its for folks willing to spend four or five figures on a Stereo set up.
That has to be a VERY select group.

For those other 2 XTC fans again...

Also looks like Oranges & Lemons is coming a month prior. Both great albums and all of the XTC REs have been good so far.

Burning Shed can have high shipping to the US but they are good to order from (have ordered tons of Porcupine Tree from them in years past). However all the XTC REs have made their way to US sellers.

Just need to get Mummer, Big Express, and Drums & Wires REs next!

Yes. I have the two Dukes albums, English Settlement and Skylarking and they are among the best regular reissues I have from any band.
Yea, I’ve got those (for English Settlement & Skylarking I have e stand-alones from ‘19 and the boxes from ‘16). All sound great. The weakest have been the Apple Venus/Wasp Star REs but they still sound good.

This is pretty awesome. Stoney Shoegazy stuff. Limited to 150 copies.

RIYL: JAMC, Starflyer 59, DIIV, APTBS, Ringo Deathstar

Also looks like Oranges & Lemons is coming a month prior. Both great albums and all of the XTC REs have been good so far.

Burning Shed can have high shipping to the US but they are good to order from (have ordered tons of Porcupine Tree from them in years past). However all the XTC REs have made their way to US sellers.

Just need to get Mummer, Big Express, and Drums & Wires REs next!

Yeah...I posted that one back when the pre-order went up.

This has been discussed in the Metal thread...but I figured I'd add it here too.

The release is fully funded, so it's happening.

The only way to get a copy is to get it through the Kickstarter....which only has 14 days left.

359ce0e3e62150f4d2f58340e411e327_original.jpg

Back