Pre-Order Thread

Coming from Mondo on Wednesday...
View attachment 62868
Yep...already set an alarm to remind me.

200 bucks is steep...but I want it.

And ordered.

View attachment 63127

Is New West owned by someone involved with the Athens music scene? A Glands box and now Pylon. I know they were also responsible for Vic Chessnutt reissues. It seems like the label is really plugged into that scene. Were they responsible for the B-52ā€™s as well...

Is New West owned by someone involved with the Athens music scene? A Glands box and now Pylon. I know they were also responsible for Vic Chessnutt reissues. It seems like the label is really plugged into that scene. Were they responsible for the B-52ā€™s as well...

that box in the video would definitely be more than $120

Yes it is owned by George Fontaine, Sr and Jr. and they live in Athens as far as I know.

Yes it is owned by George Fontaine, Sr and Jr. and they live in Athens as far as I know.

Thank you, that makes a ton of sense. The ā€œNew Westā€ moniker made me assume that they were somewhere west of the Mississippi.

Shit! I missed the in stock... i guess i can wait
Did you see the preorder for the repress? I chose to do that instead. I figured that it is going to be the same thing. I might be mistaken though and that it the repress will be under the Skylar Spence name instead of Saint Pepsi but I'm not sure...

*EDIT* Carpark Records confirmed through an email to me that the new repress is the same record, but it will be under Skylar Spence's name and not Saint Pepsi. So if you wanted the Saint Pepsi name on the record you had to get one of those 300 copies...

Last edited:
View attachment 63127

Just so folks know, you can also just buy Gyrate and Chomp separately if you want to not get the boxset.

I'm not able to get the boxset so this is good for me! Lol ugh...

Did you see the preorder for the repress? I chose to do that instead. I figured that it is going to be the same thing. I might be mistaken though and that it the repress will be under the Skylar Spence name instead of Saint Pepsi but I'm not sure...

*EDIT* Carpark Records confirmed through an email to me that the new repress is the same record, but it will be under Skylar Spence's name and not Saint Pepsi. So if you wanted the Saint Pepsi name on the record you had to get one of those 300 copies...
Ahh nooo. Ah well I did preorder the new one. But I checked my watch at 1220 and dropped what I was doing to find the site. Unfortunately it was too late

Sweet, I was able to grab one of the originals....I think. I hopped on the page right when the sale started, but not sure if Iā€™m getting the Saint Pepsi or Skylar Spence version...

Sweet, I was able to grab one of the originals....I think. I hopped on the page right when the sale started, but not sure if Iā€™m getting the Saint Pepsi or Skylar Spence version...
If you got the 300 copy reissue then i think it's Saint Pepsi. I hope so at least. I had a chance to purchase that but I chose the new preorder repress thinking that it would be a complete reissue of the original version with the cover art and such. I didn't know that rights issues caused this to not happen.

I went to buy at 11 and the main copies weren't for sale, so I had to get whatever they classified as a "preorder" to avoid missing out entirely. I'm sure those are the Skylar ones

If you got the 300 copy reissue then i think it's Saint Pepsi. I hope so at least. I had a chance to purchase that but I chose the new preorder repress thinking that it would be a complete reissue of the original version with the cover art and such. I didn't know that rights issues caused this to not happen.
Idk. I was out walking the dog when I ordered it. I had the page loaded in my phone and kept refreshing the page until it was available. I didnā€™t realize the repress was a thing, so I wasnā€™t checking. I added the only option available (there was only the one) to my cart (it let me). I clicked checkout, and at first it said it wasnā€™t available (literally 15 seconds after it went live), but I kept pressing checkout until it let me. I emailed them to see for sure, but my order says ā€œSkylar Spenceā€, and not ā€œSaint Pepsiā€.

So itā€™s 25 years since war child released their famous compilation Help! recorded in a day by the biggest names then to benefit the charity. Itā€™s getting a limited vinyl press (2020 copies) and will be out on 9/9. Great charity and it was a great little album, Iā€™ve got mine ordered!

Snap!

Last edited:
Back