Pre-Order Thread

So it’s 25 years since war child released their famous compilation Help! recorded in a day by the biggest names then to benefit the charity. It’s getting a limited vinyl press (2020 copies) and will be out on 9/9. Great charity and it was a great little album, I’ve got mine ordered!

this was a huge album for me as a kid. I think Johnny Depp plays on the oasis song. Lucky was on here before it was on OK Computer. Some great covers from Suede and the Manics.

Whaat? How have I not heard anything about this? Any songs been released?

Bullmoose link. Mockup not up yet.

clipping-visions-of-bodies-being-burned-red-orange-yellow-vinyl-2lp

Clipping

Visions of Bodies Being Burned (Red/Orange/Yellow Vinyl)
2LP

Haven't seen this posted. For John Lennon fans (looks like there will be multiple versions of this):

I'm seriously considering this. I'm not a massive fan of his solo output but reckon the 4LP may have all I need. Plus maybe Plastic Ono Band at a push.

View attachment 63105

Up on Sub Pop. Still no mock-up. Somebody said they got an auto-discount and got it for 22.40 shipped. I might cancel fatbeats just over that price dif alone.

Up on Sub Pop. Still no mock-up. Somebody said they got an auto-discount and got it for 22.40 shipped. I might cancel fatbeats just over that price dif alone.

I'm not seeing any discount though. I saw someone talking about that recently, how does it work?

1598459022550.png

Well this is exciting, Resonance Records have announced their new RSD 2020 release (on top of their repressing of the Bill Evan's album). Looks like a good one as well!

SONNY ROLLINS on RESONANCE! Coming November 27th for
Record Store Day
Black Friday. I'm honored and thrilled to announce "Rollins in Holland: The 1967 Studio & Live Recordings," Resonance Records' first archival release from the Saxophone Colossus himself, SONNY ROLLINS. Released in partnership with the
Nederlands Jazz Archief
, this limited-edition 180g 3LP set (mastered by Kevin Gray at Cohearent Audio, pressed at RTI) and deluxe 2CD set (out Dec 4) is officially sanctioned by Rollins and is comprised of 3 different previously-unissued performances with bassist Ruud Jacobs and drummer
Han Bennink
in May of 1967 at VARA Studio 5 in Hilversum, the Arnhem Academy of Visual Arts in Arnhem, and audio from a televised performance at the Go-Go Club in Loosdrecht.
"Rollins in Holland" will include an extensive, over-the-top 100-page CD booklet and 24-page LP insert with a treasure trove of never-before-published photos from the actual performances, and essays by yours truly, Aidan Levy (currently writing a biography of Sonny Rollins for Da Capo Press) and my co-producer, the Dutch jazz journalist/producer Frank Jochemsen. I had the pleasure of speaking with Sonny for a wide-ranging interview, which will be included in the booklet, along with an interview Aidan had with Han Bennink and Ruud Jacobs at Ruud's home in 2018.
In my interview with Sonny, he said: "I’m so happy that Resonance is putting it out because it really represents a take-no-prisoners type of music. That’s sort of what I was doing around that period of time; that was sort of Sonny Rollins then . . . It was very much me. And I loved it and I loved playing with those guys."
There are many, many thank yous in order for this incredible project. I want to start by thanking George Klabin, as always, for his generosity and passion for making this the greatest Sonny Rollins package possible. This project also wouldn't have been possible without the support of Sonny's long-time publicist (and associate producer on this release), Terri Hinte. I'm so grateful for her support and everything she does for jazz. A special thanks goes to my co-producers Frank Jochemsen, who discovered the VARA Studio and Go-Go Club recordings in the Nederlands Jazz Archief archives, and David Weiss, who was a tremendous asset working with our engineers George Klabin and Fran Gala. I also want to thank the other 2 associate producers on the project, Resonance production manager and my right-hand Zak Shelby-Szyszko and Resonance General counsel and album package editor, John Koenig. Kudos as well to our über talented designer John Sellards for delivering another absolutely stunning cover and package.
Finally, I want to thank Michael Kurtz and Carrie Colliton from Record Store Day for their continued support in making these releases possible. More info at ResonanceRecords.org

IMG_1526.jpg

Back