Pre-Order Thread

The specials is next on my list. Out of the ones in the series that have the obi and certificate, I have “Back To Black”, “Dusty In Memphis” and “Exile on Main Street”. They are all really good pressings and masters that fall really nicely into a place and price point between standard stuff and the super expensive ultra audiophile MOFI and AP stuff.
Totally agree! I have Exile, The Specials, Dusty and all the Brian Eno. They all sound great.

Anyone else that pre-ordered the Verve/UMe reissue records through Target get this? View attachment 56885
Yeah, I posted in the jazz thread. Looks like they moved the first two back to the second release date. The Acoustic Sounds pages were also changed to Aug. 28.

I didn't have an approve button for my Getz/Gilberto, did you?

Yeah, I posted in the jazz thread. Looks like they moved the first two back to the second release date. The acoustic sounds pages were also changed to Aug. 28.
Man that is LAMEeeEe. I was so excited to get these in a few weeks, oh well! Positive is that if they didn’t push back ALS I’ll get all three records at the same time and have a whole lot of listening to do :D

Man that is LAMEeeEe. I was so excited to get these in a few weeks, oh well! Positive is that if they didn’t push back ALS I’ll get all three records at the same time and have a whole lot of listening to do :D
I hope you're right, but I suspect they just haven't updated ALS yet. It still doesn't have a page at Acoustic Sounds.

Yeah, I posted in the jazz thread. Looks like they moved the first two back to the second release date. The Acoustic Sounds pages were also changed to Aug. 28.

I didn't have an approve button for my Getz/Gilberto, did you?

I pre-order all the time from Target, the approve button is only there sometimes so don't worry about it if it's not. Your order will still be fine.

I pre-order all the time from Target, the approve button is only there sometimes so don't worry about it if it's not. Your order will still be fine.
But definitely make sure to keep hitting approve if they send it to you...I had to hit approve 5 times on the Blood on the Tracks delay from the sale and it finally shipped...or at least something got sent in a box to me...

I don’t think it’s members only. I got the email and ordered it and I’m not a member.
There is definitely no way their system can distinguish currently, but the email says it’s members only. My guess is it’s their attempt to appease the complaints from the other day:

There is definitely no way their system can distinguish currently, but the email says it’s members only. My guess is it’s their attempt to appease the complaints from the other day:
Also noticed this on the page for this record:

Purchase Policy: Purchasing from the Magnolia Record Store means you agree to purchase solely for your own use, and not to distribute or re-sell on an auction platform or similar site. We reserve the right to verify and cancel orders we believe carry intent to do so.

Can't lie, I like that policy, but enforcement could be tricky.

Also noticed this on the page for this record:

Purchase Policy: Purchasing from the Magnolia Record Store means you agree to purchase solely for your own use, and not to distribute or re-sell on an auction platform or similar site. We reserve the right to verify and cancel orders we believe carry intent to do so.

Can't lie, I like that policy, but enforcement could be tricky.
It’s always been the policy... it’s worded different, but yeah.

Back