Pre-Order Thread

The problem was the address. Please look back, because that is exactly what I did. I removed the address. I am new at moderating and did the wrong thing the first time. I undeleted the message and removed the address.

Edit: Any time I see an address posted here, I google map it and it looked like an apartment complex. That was a red flag to me. and why I deleted it.

Hi @Kris
I just want to step in as a third party (and concerned N&G citizen) and hopefully help a bit here.
I don't think anyone is in the wrong here. It seems like this is more of a communication issue than an issue around what actually happened.
I don't believe that @Dead C is frustrated because the address was removed, in fact, it appears that @Dead C agrees this makes sense based on the fact that the address could be a residential addresses even though it is listed as a commercial address by the company.
It would be surprising to find someone who disagrees that this action was justified.
The issue stems more around the communication that happened. @Dead C feels that the communication implied that there was malicious intent behind the post.
I suspect that one of the reasons we all enjoy this community is that there has been more respect and transparency on this board than on other boards we may or may not have been apart of in the past.
The outright warning that someone is about to be banned for posting an address listed as the commercial address could seem a bit harsh especially given the context of the post, which did not call for malicious action to be taken by any party. The action also appeared to go against what we, as users of the forum, have come to expect from moderators.
Perhaps in the future, it would be more constructive for a conversation to happen with the user and moderator(s) when behaviour is deemed not appropriate for posting instead of a threat to remove the user from the forum.
I believe this is a great example of how messages are conveyed being more important than the content of the message.
I hope that this conversation regarding this incident will help this forum continue to be a place where people feel comfortable discussing all things music and vinyl.

I've been really happy with the stuff I've picked up from Platomania.nl the pressing on Tribe, Lauryn Hill, Madvillain were all very good. I've gone ahead and picked up Franz Ferdinand and Burial now.
I just did the same and even added a few others to ease the shipping costs which stayed the same for 4 albums.

The third for me. Dry is my favourite album of hers, this one is actually quite a ways down my personal list but everything she’s done I love so that’s no bad sign!
I think I have a soft spot because this was my entry point and I was a massive fan through this and the following 2 albums. I should really take a deep dive. I don't think I've given the early or later albums a proper listen.

I think I have a soft spot because this was my entry point and I was a massive fan through this and the following 2 albums. I should really take a deep dive. I don't think I've given the early or later albums a proper listen.

The two before it are quite a bit rawer which suits my tastes a bit more. The only one I think that’s not essential is the last one, hope six, but I still like it and will be getting it.

This should be available at all the regular culprits, but Amy Winehouse - Frank half speed Abbey Road remaster was just announced.

They did an exceptional job with Back To Black considering the standard pressings are largely trash! Kind of wish I didn’t buy the pink vinyl of this last year, I don’t think I like it enough to buy for a second time!

Last edited:
So excited:

Magnolia has a purple signed they don’t want link posted though.

Here is non signed version from Magnolia.

1594909092244.png

They did an exceptional job with Back To Black considering the standard pressings are largely trash! Kind of wish I didn’t but the pink vinyl of this last year, I don’t think I like it enough to buy for a second time!
I keep wanting to get Back to Black and it's on my lists of pickups but has been hard to find in the states and shipping costs, especially right now, are steep. I got The Specials half speed remaster and it's awesome so I have been wanting to dive into some others in the series.

I keep wanting to get Back to Black and it's on my lists of pickups but has been hard to find in the states and shipping costs, especially right now, are steep. I got The Specials half speed remaster and it's awesome so I have been wanting to dive into some others in the series.

The specials is next on my list. Out of the ones in the series that have the obi and certificate, I have “Back To Black”, “Dusty In Memphis” and “Exile on Main Street”. They are all really good pressings and masters that fall really nicely into a place and price point between standard stuff and the super expensive ultra audiophile MOFI and AP stuff.

Back