Pre-Order Thread

After a long wait for a repress, Chinese Football's Self-TItled album is finally being reissued by Dog Knights

Chinese Football - Self-Titled 2x12" LP - Pinwheel /200, Splatter /300, White/Black /500

View attachment 34529
Great, you got me... Over 40 bucks shipped to the USA. Oh well I'm a sucker for the twinkly Emo stuff new and old.

This band is good. Reminds me of a Japanese Emo/Math-Rock band called Elephant Gym.

kinda pricey, but the new album from The National Parks is up for pre-order

Top banner like that usually means not from original tapes, right? Maybe just a mock up.
If it’s from original it usually carries the “Original Master Recordings” banner. Anything else gets the MFSL banner.

There’s also a “silver label” line that generally aren’t OMR and are considered a second tier to the gold and OMR, but are still limited (and sound good).

Japanese Synth / Ambient / Dub (sorta) album. Really really good stuff.

RIYL: Ryuichi Sakamoto, Midori Takada, LITA Japanese Ambient comps

Last edited:
I'm digging the samples on this upcoming psychy, synthwavy, electro release from Trees Speak. @Enaz Fox @Woob_woob @phramenma I think this might float your boats.

"When the band Trees Speak, coming out of nowhere, released an exclusive one-off 100-pressing white label 45, described as CAN/NEU! meets LIQUID LIQUID, it sold out so quickly (in less than 30 mins) that Soul Jazz Records decided to release their album almost immediately.
Soul Jazz Records rarely release new music but found the music of TREES SPEAK’s album ‘OHMS’ so stunning and to have so many elements of music that they admired that they felt compelled to release it.
The group Trees Speak are from Tucson, Arizona and create new music that sounds like GERMAN KRAUTROCK meets NO WAVE/POST-PUNK and PSYCH ROCK – music for fans of CLUSTER, TANGERINE DREAM, CAN, NEU!, SILVER APPLES and early KRAFTWERK.
The album ‘OHMS’ sounds at times like a tripped out & moody JOHN CARPENTER/GOBLIN/MORRICONE soundtrack that seamlessly segues into propulsive, ‘motorik’ Krautrock instrumentals loaded with fuzzy, hypnotic mellotron, synths and analogue effects, as well as elements of ART ENSEMBLE free jazz, and all at times reaching a kind of post-rave psychedelia. More recent comparisons would include BEAK and GHOST BOX who draw upon similar themes and styles.
Trees Speak are Daniel Martin Diaz and Damian Diaz plus musicians from the Tucson, Arizona scene such as Giant Sand, XIXA and James Hunter. ‘Trees Speak’ relates to the idea of future technologies storing information and data in Trees and plants - using them as hard drives – and the idea that Trees communicate collectively.

The album includes an exclusive bonus 45 single (the white label of which sold out so fast) that will only be available with the first order of this amazing and ground-breaking new album."

I think just a mockup. Hopefully more info will come out about source but it would be weird for them not to use the best source if they are going the 45RPM route with it. I believe there's Kevin Gray cut that is AAA and has great reviews and it's around $50 now on discogs.
I have that Kevin Gray cut and it’s perfect to me. The MoFi might be able to squeeze a bit more out of it though being 45 rpm over two LPs. I will say that the KG cut absolutely stomps my early reprise issue. Best I’ve ever heard the album. Can’t imagine a UK Fly is better either.

I have that Kevin Gray cut and it’s perfect to me. The MoFi might be able to squeeze a bit more out of it though being 45 rpm over two LPs. I will say that the KG cut absolutely stomps my early reprise issue. Best I’ve ever heard the album. Can’t imagine a UK Fly is better either.
Sadly I missed out on it and the going price on discogs is over $50 now...

View attachment 34457
Summerlong by Rose City Band (Ripley Johnson of Wooden Shjips), out May 15 from Thrill Jockey.
Had no idea there was another side project of the Wooden Shjips dude. Copped the ltd. colored copies of this one and the self titled on Thrill Jockey for $38 shipped. Gracias!

Sounds like Wooden Shjips/Moon Duo meets the Dead. Perfect summer porch jams with whiskey and green.

Last edited:
I'm digging the samples on this upcoming psychy, synthwavy, electro release from Trees Speak. @Enaz Fox @Woob_woob @phramenma I think this might float your boats.

"When the band Trees Speak, coming out of nowhere, released an exclusive one-off 100-pressing white label 45, described as CAN/NEU! meets LIQUID LIQUID, it sold out so quickly (in less than 30 mins) that Soul Jazz Records decided to release their album almost immediately.
Soul Jazz Records rarely release new music but found the music of TREES SPEAK’s album ‘OHMS’ so stunning and to have so many elements of music that they admired that they felt compelled to release it.
The group Trees Speak are from Tucson, Arizona and create new music that sounds like GERMAN KRAUTROCK meets NO WAVE/POST-PUNK and PSYCH ROCK – music for fans of CLUSTER, TANGERINE DREAM, CAN, NEU!, SILVER APPLES and early KRAFTWERK.
The album ‘OHMS’ sounds at times like a tripped out & moody JOHN CARPENTER/GOBLIN/MORRICONE soundtrack that seamlessly segues into propulsive, ‘motorik’ Krautrock instrumentals loaded with fuzzy, hypnotic mellotron, synths and analogue effects, as well as elements of ART ENSEMBLE free jazz, and all at times reaching a kind of post-rave psychedelia. More recent comparisons would include BEAK and GHOST BOX who draw upon similar themes and styles.
Trees Speak are Daniel Martin Diaz and Damian Diaz plus musicians from the Tucson, Arizona scene such as Giant Sand, XIXA and James Hunter. ‘Trees Speak’ relates to the idea of future technologies storing information and data in Trees and plants - using them as hard drives – and the idea that Trees communicate collectively.

The album includes an exclusive bonus 45 single (the white label of which sold out so fast) that will only be available with the first order of this amazing and ground-breaking new album."
Thank you so much for the tag!
Really loved those white label tracks, but didn’t want to buy a single. Now they’re releasing an album without these two tracks on it? Luckily they’re including the single as a bonus.
I neeeeeed this.

Amazon Japan is pretty great I'd say. Fastest shipping outside the US I've ever seen.

They also act differently when it comes to pre-orders. When items are highly demanded, pre-orders for these items can't be canceled. Even if I wanted to, I couldn't have canceled my orders for Ayako HOSOKAWA and Nujabes if I wanted to. I assume it's their way to make sure every order placed can be processed and shipped. About shipping, they are the best IMO. I already received packages in France the day after it got shipped from Japan.

I am on a vinyl diet, but I will most certainly be needing this, so please @ me if you see any US based stores list it for pre-order. Thanks! 😁

Keep an eye on deepdiscount. They usually are my go to for Music on Vinyl releases. Generally the first to put them up, best price, and there’s often coupons to knock even more off

Peel Dream Magazine - Agitprop Alterna

This is AWESOME!!! Shoegaze fans check this out!

As stated on the site, RIYL: MBV, Lilys, Broadcast, Stereolab, and the always awesome and very underrated... DROP NINETEENS!!!

(that last mention is my personal opinion. 😜)

Kishi has a live 45 for charity:

Back