Pre-Order Thread

This is an album from Joe D’Agostino from Cymbals Eat Guitars.

I thought Tiny Engines may have ceased to exist, but this article pretty much explains it and says they plan to try and move forward with the label.

Tiny Engines: How the Label's Plight Could Bring New Solutions to Indie Rock | Billboard
Wow, I didn't know this was happening. Reminds me of the stuff that happened to Lookout Records.

Probably my favorite release from the label is the first self titled album from Everyone Everywhere. That's a great Emo band who sounded like a cross between Piebald and The Promise Ring

How often are people here successful with Amazon pre-orders? I've already had one bad experience of pre-ordering and never receiving. Is that an outlier or typical of other's experience?

How often are people here successful with Amazon pre-orders? I've already had one bad experience of pre-ordering and never receiving. Is that an outlier or typical of other's experience?

Hit or miss. they don't really seem to close preorders which sucks. Between preorders unfulfilled and poor packing (too many records floating around in a huge box), I hardly order off amazon at all anymore.

Plus Amazon sucks in general.

True. They used to be great. I know they're the evil Empire but in terms of CS they were unbeatable, and their packaging was great. Both have been awful for awhile now though.

I have had barely any issues with preorders of non-limited things. Had a few issues with packing though.

I'll echo this. I've had slight delays on non limited things but nothing significant. Limited things I've never received some though unless I put in an order real early.
The fact that they always list new RSD releases that are rarely fulfilled is a good example of how their Inventory management can't be completely trusted.

True. They used to be great. I know they're the evil Empire but in terms of CS they were unbeatable, and their packaging was great. Both have been awful for awhile now though.

I'll echo this. I've had slight delays on non limited things but nothing significant. Limited things I've never received some though unless I put in an order real early.
The fact that they always list new RSD releases that are rarely fulfilled is a good example of how their Inventory management can't be completely trusted.
I only order from Amazon if their price is substantially lower than places like Plaid Room or my local. That mostly consists of accideals and Tone Poet preorders which are $10 cheaper each from amazon than from my local. I won’t trust them to order any type of limited record. Their CS has been good to me in the past but they are stingier now with letting you keep defective albums and often make me return them if I want a refund or a new copy.

This is how an import arrived on my doorstep this week:

View attachment 34556
Thank goodness for the mailer, because the record itself was fine. If it had been packaged as one of the notorious loose records in a box, I don’t know what might have happened to it.
I believe there’s an option when you check out to package it that way. Forget how it’s phrased but essentially conceal the record within a box and they will ship in a box within a box 9/10 times.

Top banner like that usually means not from original tapes, right? Maybe just a mock up.
I think just a mockup. Hopefully more info will come out about source but it would be weird for them not to use the best source if they are going the 45RPM route with it. I believe there's Kevin Gray cut that is AAA and has great reviews and it's around $50 now on discogs.

I'm late to this but I wish the Magnetic Fields/Stephin Merritt would just release a solid 12 song album that didn't have a gimmick. I love their early records and miss when the sprawling, high-concept genie was still in the bottle.

I believe there’s an option when you check out to package it that way. Forget how it’s phrased but essentially conceal the record within a box and they will ship in a box within a box 9/10 times.
I believe checking the “gift” option is what triggers them to place it in an extra box.

Back