Pre-Order Thread

B&N Exclusive: Smile With Your Heart: The Best of Bill Evans on Resonance

View attachment 21615

We are SO excited to finally announce that we will be releasing a deluxe double album version of Mean Everything To Nothing. The second vinyl will include the b sides from the album (which turned into fourteen years of excellence and other odds and ends) and a ton of demos that I’ve been too afraid to let people hear. They all have such distinct memories attached and I think having spent 10 plus years away from those memories, they make me really happy and really proud that they turned into what they did.

I started writing the bare bones to METN after our first album was released. Sometimes in the back stage while sharing a dressing room with other openers, other times sitting in the van trying to record demos without the sound of the highway bleeding through. They started to form what would end up being the songs I would bring to the guys. There are so many stories listening to these demos. For “Pride,” this version was recorded in the dressing room of Saint Andrew’s Hall in Detroit. You can hear the guys in Weatherbox talking and Richard, the guitar tech for Biffy Clyro, loosening up some guitar strings. I’m sure I looked incredibly weird huddled in the corner with my laptop singing really softly. I remember during one particularly depressing tour with Kings Of Leon, I was recording the first version of “In My Teeth” and was using my fist on a table as a kick drum. Jeremiah ran in the room, concerned, not knowing I was tracking and thought that I was repeatedly banging my head against the wall. It was pretty funny at the time. Now, it’s extremely funny and also super insane. “Tony The Tiger” was recording on a curb in the parking lot of the Beaumont Club using our guitar techs mini amp that ran off of batteries. There’s a story and distinct memory for all of them, and it makes me really happy we get to share them.

Making Mean Everything To Nothing was in a lot of ways our first musical education into making a “professional” album. A collection that was recorded live with everyone playing at the same time in the same room. Joe Chicareli would have us start playing a song around 10:30am and we would play that song until 10:30pm. Usually 20-25 takes a song. We almost always ended up using the final take. It was exhausting and really stretching for a bunch of 21-year-olds. We took all of the sessions with Joe and huddled up with Dan Hannon and started weaving in some key pieces that really gave the songs their personality. I recorded almost all of my vocals at night from midnight to the morning with whatever engineer I could convince to stay up with me that night. I was really insecure about my voice and knew I wanted to stretch it, to scream, to have it sound like my throat was ripping out – a hard thing to try and experiment with for the first time in a room full of producers and engineers. In between the full band songs, we would record solo acoustic songs. Songs like “100 Dollars” and “Do You Really Like Being Alone.” Some made the record and others didn’t. Now for the first time, all of the material recorded in those sessions is going to be available.

We are about to head out on a short 10 year birthday celebration for this little album that could and we will be bringing along the limited amount of vinyl that we’ve printed. Make sure to stop by the merch to pick one up if that’s the kind of thing you’re into. On top of this, we will be releasing our EP’s Fourteen Years Of Excellence, Live At Park Ave and Live In SoHo to digital platforms for the first time. I’ve always loved these collections and I’m thrilled they will exist outside of a sketchy YouTube page.

As always, none of this is possible without you. You literally provide for us and our families with your support and there isn’t a moment that goes by when that goes unnoticed or unappreciated. I’ve now been in Manchester Orchestra for half of my life. For me, these albums are all connected and representative of my own life’s journey, but nothing makes it feel more special then when it becomes a part of somebody else’s. Perhaps even at times, a stronger and more realized experience than my own. This is a band I started at 16 and love more than I ever have 16 years later. I’m grateful. Very grateful. Thank you for being on this journey with us and if you don’t hear from us for a while after this tour, know it’s because we want to make something that really matters to us and we want to do it the right way.

All of my love,

Andy
xEzqFir0t-WSX3-83iaOuoLKKZ_T0SesVPk1EeBwu0J-HQJSThUXfIVwpfIuWfh6Vl8H0bGV1Lyk6GjWpId-3_Pex2qIGDCov2uEINapx_pilD7lpbYPCYwD5m5LSVh7PzR0K4jngg5NwqTnXtTvQQ=s0-d-e1-ft
I would give anything for this. It’s my favorite MO album.

B&N Exclusive: Smile With Your Heart: The Best of Bill Evans on Resonance
What’s the deal with B&N records? Are they worth picking up, do they disclose pressing details?

What’s the deal with B&N records? Are they worth picking up, do they disclose pressing details?

They're typically just color variants of whatever the main press for the album is. I've never had a problem, in my experience. And B&N's customer service is pretty solid. I bought a new record from them that skipped once (not a B&N exclusive) and they gave me a full refund with no hassle.

Mondo's 45rpm remaster of 2001: A Space Odyssey is live

JK51CkR8OZHlQxiE1KznJKIKH5zHdtNbzZ02fzYXNg-3SzYteM-CTZ69YbGSiejOvho8WIUJJcQyGfWXLrftWdjnpzOepLojBL9GheIlyDZMK48ckeIvWh7LEBrdNfydYpmeUmZKwfWnlmNBPQ15bzdCw_P9q9FJQjE=s0-d-e1-ft

1573070439175.png

On sale at noon on 11/8.
Bull Moose Exclusive #25 (If we sell out, try Zia Records. We split this with them.)

-First Time On Vinyl -Includes Bonus Tracks & Source Cues
-Pressed on 140 gram colored vinyl
-350gsm Jacket with an insert featuring credits & production shots
-Cover art featuring Iconic Bill Murray movie promo image

Enjoy The Ride Records and Paramount Pictures are proud to present the Danny Elfman score to Scrooged, available for the first time on vinyl. The iconic 80s holiday dramedy is based on the classic Charles Dickens novel, A Christmas Carol and is directed by Richard Donner (The Goonies, Lethal Weapon films, Tales From The Crypt), features Bill Murray, Bobcat Goldthwait, David Johansen, Carol Kane and a host of other Hollywood veterans. The score is a real treat to revisit, as you can hear many elements that would become the iconic Elfman sound in future projects, such as Batman, Batman Returns, Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas, Edward Scissorhands and Tales From The Crypt. The score jumps all over, from cheery holiday tunes to dark and sinister sounds, perfectly capturing the story depicted in the film. This vinyl release is pressed on 140 gram colored vinyl, housed in a 350gsm jacket that features the iconic Bill Murray promo image and includes an insert, featuring credits and production shots. The album also contains bonus tracks and source cues for your listening pleasure.

1573070499337.png

Bull Moose Exclusive #24

Artist's rendering. Your copy will not look like this.

In the spring of 2019 ShitKid - Åsa Söderqvist and Lina Molarin Ericsson - headed over to the US for a couple of shows at the SXSW festival in Austin, TX but ahead of the festival they managed to squeeze in a couple of days in the studio – first in LA with the legendary the Melvins and then in Austin with Paul Leary of Butthole Surfers. The new album Duo Limbo/”Mellan himmel å helvete” collects the recordings from these two sessions, half of which are ShitKid’s first recordings in their native Swedish – with a set of four songs to start with the band set out to record them in both English and Swedish, clocking in at just over 26 minutes. It’s ShitKid’s finest work yet with the duo backed by an all star line-up of Buzz Osborne (Melvins) and Dale Crover (Melvins, Redd Kross) on half of the album and Paul Leary and Josh Freese (NIN, Devo, The Replacements etc) on the other half.

1573071657260.png

PRE-ORDER* Please note that ALL items included with this order will not ship until the on sale date of Friday November 29.
This item is excluded from the free shipping over $100 promotion and flat rate international shipping.
The limited edition Third Man Turntable is a joint effort between the Shinola Audio team and Third Man Records. In our ongoing mission to empower new generations of music lovers and vinyl enthusiasts, it felt right to strike up a partnership with Shinola, because a collaboration like this needs to be fueled by a mutual passion for well designed objects and appreciation for the power of music.
The turntable features a built in, switchable phono preamplifier and a belt driven pulley with speeds of 33 1/3 rpm and 45rpm. It is equipped with an Ortofon 2M blue phono cartridge with many components made by VPI Industries, an American veteran of turntable manufacturing.
This initial run is very limited, so act quickly. The Third Man Turntable is available for pre-order online and available in Third Man Records stores on black Friday.
Dimensions: 18” x 13.875” x 7.5”
FEATURES:
VPI aluminum tonearm
Factory mounted Ortofon 2M Blue cartridge
Two-speed belt driven pulley (33 1/3 rpm/45rpm)
Precision-machined aluminum platter
Machined top plate
built-in, switchable phono preamplifier (comes with pre-amp enabled)
Ultra-quiet motor
SPECS:
Type — Belt driven manual turntable
Motor — 115 VAC Synchronous AC Motor
Turntable Speeds — 33-1/3 RPM and 45 RPM

Cartridge — Moving Magnet Phono Cartridge
Output — 5.5 mV @ 1 KHz
Power Supply — ~120 V 60 Hz ~15.5 W MAX

Safety Approvals — Built to meet CSA 60065 and UL 60065 Dimensions — 18.5” (470 mm) W x 13.5” (343 mm) D x 4.3” (109 mm) H Weight — 40 lbs. (18 kg)

WHAT’S IN THE BOX:
Third Man/Shinola Turntable Base
Built-in switchable Phono Preamplifier
Tone Arm
Platter
RCA Cables
IEC Power Cable
Third Man Leather Slipmat
Moving Magnet Phono Cartridge
Turntable Belt (2)
Quick Start Guide
Instructions to enable or disable the Built-In Phono Preamplifier

View attachment 21703

Bull Moose Exclusive #24

Artist's rendering. Your copy will not look like this.

In the spring of 2019 ShitKid - Åsa Söderqvist and Lina Molarin Ericsson - headed over to the US for a couple of shows at the SXSW festival in Austin, TX but ahead of the festival they managed to squeeze in a couple of days in the studio – first in LA with the legendary the Melvins and then in Austin with Paul Leary of Butthole Surfers. The new album Duo Limbo/”Mellan himmel å helvete” collects the recordings from these two sessions, half of which are ShitKid’s first recordings in their native Swedish – with a set of four songs to start with the band set out to record them in both English and Swedish, clocking in at just over 26 minutes. It’s ShitKid’s finest work yet with the duo backed by an all star line-up of Buzz Osborne (Melvins) and Dale Crover (Melvins, Redd Kross) on half of the album and Paul Leary and Josh Freese (NIN, Devo, The Replacements etc) on the other half.

I have no clue about this album or release but the artist rendering is awesome. If they did them all that way it would be tough to claim the actual pressing looked worse than the artist rendering.

View attachment 21702

On sale at noon on 11/8.
Bull Moose Exclusive #25 (If we sell out, try Zia Records. We split this with them.)

-First Time On Vinyl -Includes Bonus Tracks & Source Cues
-Pressed on 140 gram colored vinyl
-350gsm Jacket with an insert featuring credits & production shots
-Cover art featuring Iconic Bill Murray movie promo image

Enjoy The Ride Records and Paramount Pictures are proud to present the Danny Elfman score to Scrooged, available for the first time on vinyl. The iconic 80s holiday dramedy is based on the classic Charles Dickens novel, A Christmas Carol and is directed by Richard Donner (The Goonies, Lethal Weapon films, Tales From The Crypt), features Bill Murray, Bobcat Goldthwait, David Johansen, Carol Kane and a host of other Hollywood veterans. The score is a real treat to revisit, as you can hear many elements that would become the iconic Elfman sound in future projects, such as Batman, Batman Returns, Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas, Edward Scissorhands and Tales From The Crypt. The score jumps all over, from cheery holiday tunes to dark and sinister sounds, perfectly capturing the story depicted in the film. This vinyl release is pressed on 140 gram colored vinyl, housed in a 350gsm jacket that features the iconic Bill Murray promo image and includes an insert, featuring credits and production shots. The album also contains bonus tracks and source cues for your listening pleasure.

Love, love, love this movie! Upfront Bill Murray is a national treasure. But this movie is for me one of those "warm feeling in the tummies" kind of movie. Like you can just feel the cold being kept at bay behind the door of your toasty house as you watch this over a holiday break and there is a gift-wrapped box of nostalgia waiting under the tree for you. Pretty much this, Die Hard, and Christmas Story are required winter holiday watching.

I don't care about the soundtrack, but I love Scrooged.

I have no clue about this album or release but the artist rendering is awesome. If they did them all that way it would be tough to claim the actual pressing looked worse than the artist rendering.

OMG YES!!!

I fucking LOVE Shitkid, and Pnkslm as a lablel. And they make some gorgeous looking wax from some great bands but they are somewhere in Scandinavia so with shipping it ends up being like $60 a record so I can only buy from them when they have sales.

Not sure if this has been posted or not...

RX Bandits / Matt Embree fans, peep this!

I just got mine and I am spinning it now. SO GOOD! It's basically like a new long RX EP. I highly suggest at very least listening to it! CANNOT STRESS HOW GOOD THIS IS! If you're an RX Fan, you'll be in love.

Back