Pre-Order Thread

The Tears For Fears version never did much for me. Maybe in a vacuum if you compared them side by side you could make an argument but the Gary Jules version, in that film, at that moment is perfection.

But outside the film is dire and uninspired and after being number 1 for what felt like seven decades (including depressing the fuck out of everyone over Christmas) I’d quite happily pay a tithe to never hear it again. Equally wouldn’t ever reach for anything by Tears For Fears so 🤷🏻

Weren´t there people eagerly waiting for this?
I own a different variant of this release, but I will say, this release is fantastic. The went all out on the packaging, fancy foil lettering, glossy photos, tip on jacket, etc. The records are also pressed really well by Gotta Groove. Highly recommend this reissue!

But outside the film is dire and uninspired and after being number 1 for what felt like seven decades (including depressing the fuck out of everyone over Christmas) I’d quite happily pay a tithe to never hear it again. Equally wouldn’t ever reach for anything by Tears For Fears so 🤷🏻
Let's just all agree that this is the definitive version. 😏

1630417199688.png

Weren´t there people eagerly waiting for this?

View attachment 110533

Damn. Me of 3-4 years ago would be all over these but now I don't know if I'd spin them enough.

I don't have Coral but I really want Beyond the Sea, which encouraged me to see if they did a re-press and sure enough there is!! $26 shipped - hell yeah

Damn. Me of 3-4 years ago would be all over these but now I don't know if I'd spin them enough.

I don't have Coral but I really want Beyond the Sea, which encouraged me to see if they did a re-press and sure enough there is!! $26 shipped - hell yeah

They also had a repress of 'Return to Paradise' available on the Gold Robot store that I sat on for a while, but now the store is down until 2022. :\

If a Newbury code pops up to make these prices a little more palatable, I'm all in.

1630424577821.png

I own a different variant of this release, but I will say, this release is fantastic. The went all out on the packaging, fancy foil lettering, glossy photos, tip on jacket, etc. The records are also pressed really well by Gotta Groove. Highly recommend this reissue!
Yep same here. It's an excellent pressing and the extra additions really make it stand out

View attachment 110544

I never got to see MTB but I've followed them for a long time and they are one of those studio bands that sound so much better live. Probably the mathy style lol. I love all those mathy bands from that era and even those that crossed over with Emo and Indie.

Perhaps now we can get a Botch reunion eh?

View attachment 110533

For anyone interested in the Monster Rally, he will be doing his own variant in his web-store in October. Highly recommend this guy, he’s really good

Back