Pre-Order Thread

Yeah that's what happened. I didn't see the conversion so it scared me lol.

As for the Native sound influence I definitely heard it straight away. Here's a track he did that has the percussion beat of a round dance/2-step song, at least from what I hear.

It might not sound right on the money because it's sorta being played in a different rythm, but it's definitely being used. Also he's a northern Native and they have different styles compared to the southern groups like the one I posted above (who are one of the oldest family drum groups from Oklahoma).

Also take note of the rattle sound in the drum beats. Some dancers use bells around their ankles or below the knees, but some also use more traditional items like old shells to make that nice rattle sound.

@eatdogs Any opinion on these guys? I'm kinda diggin the sound (The Halluci Nation) Pre-Order,

1627055815625.png

View attachment 106506

I love Chvrches but I hate this marketing scheme. The fact that it's spread over time means if anyone wants all three covers, they gotta drop 40x3 after shipping as opposed to just putting them all in one bundle, and it seems like it's just an extra case/sleeve for the standard vinyl. Plus, having three of them spread out like this makes it less likely I order one at all.

Sorry for the rant, thank you for posting for sure

1627058954529.png

I'm check em' out! Never heard of them but looks like they are affiliated with A Tribe Called Red who I know of.

They are the current iteration of A Tribe Called Red. Been a few years and line-up changes since I last saw them, though. I have yet to get around to checking out the new stuff.

Repress, but Ryn Weaver's great indie- pop album The Fool has gotten a re-pressing (or a re-stock, hard to tell)

They've also been posted some low quantity stock at great prices that have sold out, some of albums thought to be gone for a while (MBDTF, Moulin Rouge, Soundtrack to Romeo and Juliet, etc.) so worth keeping an eye out

Last edited:
I love Chvrches but I hate this marketing scheme. The fact that it's spread over time means if anyone wants all three covers, they gotta drop 40x3 after shipping as opposed to just putting them all in one bundle, and it seems like it's just an extra case/sleeve for the standard vinyl. Plus, having three of them spread out like this makes it less likely I order one at all.

Sorry for the rant, thank you for posting for sure
I'm more upset with how long they delayed the announcement of this from when the first "limited edition" variant was announced. I'm sure most of the people that already bought this would rather have the even more limited version. With that said, this cover is crap so I'll wait to see what #2 and 3 have in store.

I'm check em' out! Never heard of them but looks like they are affiliated with A Tribe Called Red who I know of.

They are the current iteration of A Tribe Called Red. Been a few years and line-up changes since I last saw them, though. I have yet to get around to checking out the new stuff.
I think this is one of the best albums that came out of 2020. She's Oji-Cree and Canadian.

I think this is one of the best albums that came out of 2020. She's Oji-Cree and Canadian.

Somehow I let that one slip by me last year, and I feel a little foolish for it. Thanks for guiding it to my ears right now, at least.

I feel quite blessed over my past many years of touring, performing and organizing to have shared stages with and/or witness many diverse and amazing colonially known as "Canadian" Indigenous artists, poets and musicians. The list below is by no means comprehensive, I know I'll kick myself for forgetting some amazing folks later, but for anybody who is interested in further exploring some of the awesome music being created by Indigenous artists up here I submit the following:

Snotty Nose Rez Kids {Haisla hip hop}
DJ Kookum {Denesuline EDM / hip hop}
Mob Bounce {Gitxsan & Cree/Métis hip hop / EDM}
Drezus {Cree hip hop}
JB the First Lady {Nuxalk/Onondaga hip hop}
Cris Derksen {Cree electronic cello/orchestral Powwow}
Tanya Tagaq {Inuk throat singing}
Buffy Sainte-Marie {Cree folk / rock}
Digging Roots {Anishinaabe folk rock}
The Halluci Nation/A Tribe Called Red {Mohawk & Cayuga electronic / hip hop}
DJ Shub {Mohawk electronic}
Leanne Betasamosake Simpson {Nishnaabeg poetry / folk pop}
The Jerry Cans {Inuit folk rock / throat singing}
Iskwē {Cree/Métis electropop / indie}
Ms.PAN!K {Haida electro-folk / hip hop}

...and while I've not seen or worked with either of them, Two-Spirit artists Kìzis {Algonquin dance / electronic} and Jeremy Dutcher {Wolastoq classical / opera} are both creating beautiful, challenging and important work as well.

(cc: @eatdogs @Hemotep )
[edit: formatting]

Last edited:
Somehow I let that one slip by me last year, and I feel a little foolish for it. Thanks for guiding it to my ears right now, at least.

I feel quite blessed over my past many years of touring, performing and organizing to have shared stages with and/or witness many diverse and amazing colonially known as "Canadian" Indigenous artists, poets and musicians. The list below is by no means comprehensive, I know I'll kick myself for forgetting some amazing folks later, but for anybody who is interested in further exploring some of the awesome music being created by Indigenous artists up here I submit the following:

Snotty Nose Rez Kids {Haisla hip hop}
DJ Kookum {Denesuline EDM / hip hop}
Mob Bounce {Gitxsan & Cree/Métis hip hop / EDM}
Drezus {Cree hip hop}
JB the First Lady {Nuxalk/Onondaga hip hop}
Cris Derksen {Cree electronic cello/orchestral Powwow}
Tanya Tagaq {Inuk throat singing}
Buffy Sainte-Marie {Cree folk / rock}
Digging Roots {Anishinaabe folk rock}
The Halluci Nation/A Tribe Called Red {Mohawk & Cayuga electronic / hip hop}
DJ Shub {Mohawk electronic}
Leanne Betasamosake Simpson {Nishnaabeg poetry / folk pop}
The Jerry Cans {Inuit folk rock / throat singing}
Iskwē {Cree/Métis electropop / indie}
Ms.PAN!K {Haida electro-folk/hip hop}

...and while I've not seen or worked with either of them, Two-Spirit artists Kìzis {Algonquin dance / electronic} and Jeremy Dutcher {Wolastoq classical / opera} are both creating beautiful, challenging and important work as well.

(cc: @eatdogs @Hemotep )

I realize Buffy Sainte-Marie is pretty well-known worldwide, but this list without her just wouldn't feel right. Even at this so-called "late-stage" of her career, she puts on one HEAVY rockin' show!

1627073538652.png

Last edited:
Back