Pre-Order Thread

The next Spiritualized reissue is up for preorder. I have the the VMP version of "Ladies and Gentlemen..." so I am fine. But different album cover. Both in standard black and blue vinyl as well.

Hmm... don't love that cover art. The original is classic. I have the VMP one but I love this album and am very interested how this sounds.

Hmm... don't love that cover art. The original is classic. I have the VMP one but I love this album and am very interested how this sounds.
I am happy with the VMP reissue. Since it is Fat Possum still, I doubt it will sound any better than the VMP version. Plus I am not liking the new artwork either.

The next Spiritualized reissue is up for preorder. I have the the VMP version of "Ladies and Gentlemen..." so I am fine. But different album cover. Both in standard black and blue vinyl as well.

There can never be enough versions of this album. I actually like the cover. Still prefer the original but the pill tray reminds me of the CD packaging which was pretty cool back then.

official Fat Possum Records release info and pre-order link
$6 off promo FATPOSSUM20OFF
quoted from the official Label releasing this Fat Possum Records "The Spaceman Reissue Program edition of Ladies and gentlemen we are floating in space promises to give those recordings the fullest spectrum audio and physical treatment they’ve deserved since 1992. It will be the third in this series, following Lazer Guided Melodies and Pure Phase, with 180g double albums with lacquer cut from original sources by Alchemy Mastering, presented in a gatefold jacket adorned by reworked art by Mark Farrow, and available in both a standard black vinyl pressing and limited edition Neptune Blue vinyl"

Last edited:
I am happy with the VMP reissue. Since it is Fat Possum still, I doubt it will sound any better than the VMP version. Plus I am not liking the new artwork either.
These don't seem to be too hard to get after the fact. Maybe I'll just wait and see the reviews of the pressing.

New Steely Dan live album and Fall 2021 tour announced alongside:

New Steely Dan live album and Fall 2021 tour announced alongside:

Just saw that and was coming to post. There is a new Donald Fagen Live album as well.

I am trying to see when the SD album was recorded. Curious if it was with Walter Becker or not.

Just saw that and was coming to post. There is a new Donald Fagen Live album as well.

I am trying to see when the SD album was recorded. Curious if it was with Walter Becker or not.
Mostly speculation, but the Spotify single of "Reelin' in the Years" (which sounds great, btw) says it was from Mohegan Sun Arena in Connecticut. A quick search pulled up a 2019 setlist from the "Sweet" tour in which they played "Reelin'" at Mohegan Sun and the picture from the article looks like a similar setup as the album cover. Based on that, looks like it is sans Becker.

Ugh, really dont get the completely diffrent cover. The other ones made sense, it was just a diffrent color scheme. For $35 shipped it really makes me want to just keep an eye out for the vmp version

Back