Pre-Order Thread

Dehd - Flower of Devotion Remixed
One time pressing of a 1000 units - Sept 17

0025551955_10.jpg

HOLY COW I didn't know this dude was Native. First Nations Native at that (our Canadian brothers and sisters go by First Nations)! This is awesome and I kick myself for just now finding out about this. Awesome

Edit: price comes to around $40 bucks for me. Did you have a discount code perhaps?

Edit#2: nevermind. I'm getting this reissue off his Bandcamp. Comes to around the same price that you mentioned. More expensive off the Paper Bag site.

Opted for Bandcamp as well, even though that was $1 more expensive than on the label site. Were you looking at totals in CAD? @eatdogs

@eatdogs Is it possible your Paper Bag order was still listed in CAD when you saw the $40, bc that converted to USD is about the approx $33 I referenced.

It's really because of the ardent shoegaze crew here on the forum ( @EvanBenner , @Rip_City , @debianlinux, @bgod ) who responded to my Deserta comment way back that I learned about Zoon. I really love this album. I don't know a ton about Ojibway music traditions, so I'd be curious @eatdogs , if you hear those influences in his music.

Not sure if this one has been posted but stumbled across it and figured I'd share. It's a really great album.

@eatdogs Is it possible your Paper Bag order was still listed in CAD when you saw the $40, bc that converted to USD is about the approx $33 I referenced.

It's really because of the ardent shoegaze crew here on the forum ( @EvanBenner , @Rip_City , @debianlinux, @bgod ) who responded to my Deserta comment way back that I learned about Zoon. I really love this album. I don't know a ton about Ojibway music traditions, so I'd be curious @eatdogs , if you hear those influences in his music.
Yeah that's what happened. I didn't see the conversion so it scared me lol.

As for the Native sound influence I definitely heard it straight away. Here's a track he did that has the percussion beat of a round dance/2-step song, at least from what I hear.

It might not sound right on the money because it's sorta being played in a different rythm, but it's definitely being used. Also he's a northern Native and they have different styles compared to the southern groups like the one I posted above (who are one of the oldest family drum groups from Oklahoma).

Also take note of the rattle sound in the drum beats. Some dancers use bells around their ankles or below the knees, but some also use more traditional items like old shells to make that nice rattle sound.

New Creux Lies! Been waiting for this news to officially drop after getting an early notice about a bundle being added to their Bandcamp merch last week (which was quickly removed). Says digital releases today, but pretty sure they meant today is the preorder date and release in October. Vinyl is expected to ship around Halloween.

Warning: Strobe

Back