Pre-Order Thread

depeche-mode-ultra-the-12-singles-8-x-12-180-gram-vinyl-singles-numbered-vinyl-box-set

Depeche Mode

Ultra: The 12" Singles​

8 X 12" 180 Gram Vinyl Singles - Numbered, Vinyl Box Set​

ROCK​

Every time I see an LP that's only available at the show, I immediately picture records that have lived in the back of the van in 120 degree heat while traveling across 10 states.
I picture myself having to akwardly carrying the album around the venue for the rest of the night.

Last edited:
For the most part I've become a merch-only-after-show concertgoer. Hated holding my arms awkwardly all night. One exception is some sit-down shows where I know I'll have some space.
I bring a shoulder strap bag with pouch the perfect size for records/tshirts to venues for this very reason.

I picture myself having to akwardly carry the album around the venue for the rest of the night.
This was me seeing Trey Anastasio solo acoustic in Boulder a few years ago. Luckily it was a seated auditorium but I was walking back to my apartment with a 2xLP and two CDs all signed by Trey and the show poster trying not to damage anything. I had heard that he signs stuff before each solo show and sure enough they put them out just as I went to the bathroom. I was thrilled, but the walk home was very awkward and uncomfortable lol

For the most part I've become a merch-only-after-show concertgoer. Hated holding my arms awkwardly all night. One exception is some sit-down shows where I know I'll have some space.
I do this sometimes but usually I just want to get the purchasing of merch over with but then i have another can of worms to deal with.
I bring a shoulder strap bag with pouch the perfect size for records/tshirts to venues for this very reason.
I bring my messenger bag with me when I go to bigger outdoors shows but smaller indoor venues my Chrome messenger is too much bag. I need something smaller like you are describing here.

Somehow I let that one slip by me last year, and I feel a little foolish for it. Thanks for guiding it to my ears right now, at least.

I feel quite blessed over my past many years of touring, performing and organizing to have shared stages with and/or witness many diverse and amazing colonially known as "Canadian" Indigenous artists, poets and musicians. The list below is by no means comprehensive, I know I'll kick myself for forgetting some amazing folks later, but for anybody who is interested in further exploring some of the awesome music being created by Indigenous artists up here I submit the following:

Snotty Nose Rez Kids {Haisla hip hop}
DJ Kookum {Denesuline EDM / hip hop}
Mob Bounce {Gitxsan & Cree/Métis hip hop / EDM}
Drezus {Cree hip hop}
JB the First Lady {Nuxalk/Onondaga hip hop}
Cris Derksen {Cree electronic cello/orchestral Powwow}
Tanya Tagaq {Inuk throat singing}
Buffy Sainte-Marie {Cree folk / rock}
Digging Roots {Anishinaabe folk rock}
The Halluci Nation/A Tribe Called Red {Mohawk & Cayuga electronic / hip hop}
DJ Shub {Mohawk electronic}
Leanne Betasamosake Simpson {Nishnaabeg poetry / folk pop}
The Jerry Cans {Inuit folk rock / throat singing}
Iskwē {Cree/Métis electropop / indie}
Ms.PAN!K {Haida electro-folk / hip hop}

...and while I've not seen or worked with either of them, Two-Spirit artists Kìzis {Algonquin dance / electronic} and Jeremy Dutcher {Wolastoq classical / opera} are both creating beautiful, challenging and important work as well.

(cc: @eatdogs @Hemotep )
[edit: formatting]
Here in Oklahoma we have a lot of Native artists who do music. I'd say Hip-Hop is the most popular. In fact two of our states most well know Native rappers are called Lil' Mike and Funnybone. They're 2 brothers who look like twins and dress the same and are very short lol. I grew up seeing Lil' Mike in church. They have been doing their thing for many years now. At one point they were on America's Got Talent and Howard Stern didn't like their gimmick he said.

Right now they are going to be on this upcoming FX TV show that was filmed here in Oklahoma called Reservation Dogs. It was all filmed by Native Americans and stars Native American actors. Taika Waititi helped produce it. I'm excited about it. I really like Atlanta and I think it'll fit in really well there. I also know a lot of people who worked on the show. Small world here lol.

Back