Pre-Order Thread

Anyone have any details on this release? Curious about the source. My Jamaican pressing from UDisvover just got an additional delay for September.

As far as I can work out, they seem to be doing this one at a higher price with the Zippo sleeve, and the one that has been advertised for longer that has just the Bob cover but is cheaper. They all seem to be delayed so it's anybody's guess when they come and which come first. Since writing above, I found this which seems to confirm that

As far as I can work out, they seem to be doing this one at a higher price with the Zippo sleeve, and the one that has been advertised for longer that has just the Bob cover but is cheaper. They all seem to be delayed so it's anybody's guess when they come and which come first. Since writing above, I found this which seems to confirm that
I read that article as well. Zippo sleeve is being pressed in Japan while the one I preordered is supposed to be pressed in Jamaica using the old Tuff Gong machines. I still haven’t seen anything regarding the source and if it’s AAA. I’m assuming it won’t be.

I agree with Joe Mac that I found Court and Spark to a more accessible record earlier on too. That might be worth going to if Blue doesn't work at first.

I dismissed joni - and in truth am still not the biggest fan - but I am a fan of Jaco pastorious and Lee ranaldo is a huge fan and then I read this piece that Brian eno wrote about court and spark and how amazing and perfect it is and I sat down and just soaked it in for a week. With all this smoke there has to be some fire, right? And I get it but a lot of it (especially the multiple tunings) comes off as a bit twee and overthought)

I dismissed joni - and in truth am still not the biggest fan - but I am a fan of Jaco pastorious and Lee ranaldo is a huge fan and then I read this piece that Brian eno wrote about court and spark and how amazing and perfect it is and I sat down and just soaked it in for a week. With all this smoke there has to be some fire, right? And I get it but a lot of it (especially the multiple tunings) comes off as a bit twee and overthought)
Joni uses multiple tunings because she had polio as a child. And even if she didn't, what is twee about using multiple tunings?

I think her “jazz” phase around the album the Hissing Of Summer Lawns, and Hejira, are her most powerful. Those two records paint such wide landscapes for her to lay out her stories. Jaco is on both of those and kills it.

Reactions: .Z.
Back