Pre-Order Thread

Skeletonframes

Twentytwo

Russ I

Here's a bit more info about this. Sounds like they're all remastered? But are these different from recent remasters?

And some awesome t-shirts:

Lord Diaper Baby

I'm more interested that it's a version in print at rest price.
Fair. But that didn't answer my question. Legit, what's exclusive about it? I didn't see if it said it was colored or anything on the announcement page (but that may be my bad reading comp).

Or....simply exclusive in so much that no one else is currently pressing it?

dbarila

Fair. But that didn't answer my question. Legit, what's exclusive about it? I didn't see if it said it was colored or anything on the announcement page (but that may be my bad reading comp).

Or....simply exclusive in so much that no one else is currently pressing it?
Ususally TTL stuff is an exclusive color variant. They haven't released much detail on this one besides a placeholder product page that went live months ago. I assume we'll get more details when the official announcement comes.

waruv

Here's a bit more info about this. Sounds like they're all remastered? But are these different from recent remasters?

I don't usually understand the appeal of the "retro-reissues with extras" but this one is sweet. Nice package set with a lot of value added with the art print / essay / remastering. Probably not going for it right now (my Blue is good and I'm holding out for some decent used prices on the others if I see them) but I like this a lot.

Twentytwo

1617894979742.png

Russ I

I don't usually understand the appeal of the "retro-reissues with extras" but this one is sweet. Nice package set with a lot of value added with the art print / essay / remastering. Probably not going for it right now (my Blue is good and I'm holding out for some decent used prices on the others if I see them) but I like this a lot.
I agree, though I'd like to know more about the remasters. This box set is being released by Rhino, who already have released remastered versions of Ladies of the Canyon (2009, mastered by Bellman), and Blue (2007/2020, mastered by Boom Boom). The press releases seem pretty clear in stating there will be new mastering for this box. I'm curious about that.

Joe Mac

Song To A Seagull and Clouds have been out of press for an absolute age. Ladies of the Canyon Rhino was 2011 and is pretty rare new now. Blue is Blue and has always been in print. I’d say it’s the last set of remasters because I’m pretty sure I remember hearing Joni say something very similar about her debut when her reprise catalogue was a reissued on CD about a decade back.

I kinda hope that these come out individually as the rhinos I’ve have for the later two are both pretty good.

oldschoolkirby

Song To A Seagull and Clouds have been out of press for an absolute age. Ladies of the Canyon Rhino was 2011 and is pretty rare new now. Blue is Blue and has always been in print. I’d say it’s the last set of remasters because I’m pretty sure I remember hearing Joni say something very similar about her debut when her reprise catalogue was a reissued on CD about a decade back.

I kinda hope that these come out individually as the rhinos I’ve have for the later two are both pretty good.
Also will be interesting to hear the remix of Song To A Seagull!

Considering I don't have the first two albums and my copy of Blue has some unfortunate popping across one song, I'll definitely be getting this.

Joe Mac

Also will be interesting to hear the remix of Song To A Seagull!

Considering I don't have the first two albums and my copy of Blue has some unfortunate popping across one song, I'll definitely be getting this.

I would totally be on board too if I didn’t already own half of it! I’d be shocked if they didn’t all come out individually too a couple of months later.

I am delighted though because Joni’s catalogue outside blue and court and spark has been in desperate need of attention for a long long time.