Pre-Order Thread

That was my wife's exact reaction to Moses Sumney one day (what's that awful noise). Classic soul, folk and rock recordings are preferred along with Americana.
lolol, this is my husband. He's told me before that there are records that he has no idea why I bought them, but like a good husband, he does not mess with me while I am playing said records.

It's amazing that there hasn't been a MoFi One Step of any Miles Davis
Considering how quickly the Miles MoFis sell out, it really is strange. He's not even on the slate of potential releases. Seems weird they are pressing Pearl as a One Step even though they just did it as a 2x45 regular MoFi just a few years ago. It would be awesome to get In A Silent Way as a One Step. I'm looking forward to the UHQR Kind of Blue as well. MoFi's A&R is atrocious...I get that they only want to press analogue sources so that rules out a lot of titles, but they just continue to press some boring choices in albums that have tons of quality represses already.

Considering how quickly the Miles MoFis sell out, it really is strange. He's not even on the slate of potential releases. Seems weird they are pressing Pearl as a One Step even though they just did it as a 2x45 regular MoFi just a few years ago. It would be awesome to get In A Silent Way as a One Step. I'm looking forward to the UHQR Kind of Blue as well. MoFi's A&R is atrocious...I get that they only want to press analogue sources so that rules out a lot of titles, but they just continue to press some boring choices in albums that have tons of quality represses already.
Yeah, it's the same artists, titles, and era over and over and over again. Wish they'd press more weird shit, like that Primus EP.

Last edited:

And even that is a nonsense reason given that they have pressed digital sources before.

And even that is a nonsense reason given that they have pressed digital sources before.
Right--they have pressed some digital sources but by and large they press analogue sources. I do wish they would expand and press some other titles outside of Dylan and the same titles over and over again. I'm glad that Nilsson is getting the MoFi treatment (and ELO now...) but as we have both said in the past, their A&R department makes it pretty easy to save money most of the time haha The titles are mostly boring lately.

Yeah completely. I’d get the Dylan if they just kept them in print rather than limited numbers and this constant recycling of titles with new added snake each time. He’s their big seller and is a huge coup for them.

But as a rule god it is stale and even in the 70s there is more interesting material to be mined than what is mostly crusty old boring men. I mean would David Crosby even pick a David Crosby album to buy? And then all the prog. 😴😴😴

Honestly my antipathy with mofi based on their picks, and more recently their customer service, is growing to the point where there is very little in any of their departments that doesn’t have my full cynicism meter on the go.

Last edited:
Yeah completely. I’d get the Dylan if they just kept them in print rather than limited numbers and this constant recycling of titles with new added snake each time. He’s their big seller and is a huge coup for them.

But as a rule god is stale it and even in the 70s there is more interesting material to be mined than what is mostly crusty old boring men. I mean would David Crosby even pick a David Crosby album to buy? And then all the prog. 😴😴😴

Honestly my antipathy with mofi based on their picks, and more recently their customer service, is growing to the point where there is very little in any of their departments that doesn’t have my full cynicism meter on the go.
Fair enough! I agree with ya for the most part. I have a few older albums on backorder (Blonde on Blonde and some of the Dead releases...I found Oh Mercy for $35 as well) but I skip most of the newer releases unless I find a great deal on them. They could make so much more money if they had better A&R. It's pretty frustrating as a fan of their product.

Fair enough! I agree with ya for the most part. I have a few older albums on backorder (Blonde on Blonde and some of the Dead releases...I found Oh Mercy for $35 as well) but I skip most of the newer releases unless I find a great deal on them. They could make so much more money if they had better A&R. It's pretty frustrating as a fan of their product.
And that’s the problem. The product is generally good. I’m finding things like the use of super vinyl on standard presses to ramp the price to be really distasteful though. I have the Oh Mercy on order too but I can’t imagine myself buying anything of theirs for a long time after without a lot changing although that said if the A&R doesn’t change it’s doubtful that they’d press much that I want anyway.

And that’s the problem. The product is generally good. I have the Oh Mercy on order too but I can’t imagine myself buying anything of theirs for a long time.
If Target ends up with the ELO One Step, I may buy that one...but out of the big list they put out of upcoming titles, maybe 1 or 2 actually caught my eye as things I'd be interested in which is a shame.

Back