Pre-Order Thread

It's just semantics. OOS should restock sooner while awaiting repress could be months. But you will still be guaranteed a copy if you pre-order either way.
I believe the blues is capped at 4,000 pressed but I wouldn’t be surprised to see them release another on super-vinyl like they did with the Costello

And they don’t charge until they ship right?
Yep--don't charge until it ships. But there's no heads up really on when it comes back into stock, so you'll randomly get a charge one day and you'll know it's on it's way haha. I also think they will hold stock until everything in your order comes into stock.

I believe the blues is capped at 4,000 pressed but I wouldn’t be surprised to see them release another on super-vinyl like they did with the Costello
Yep--limited to 4,000 numbered (but that hasn't stopped them from selling non-numbered pressings later IIRC.) I could have sworn Electric Warrior initially said limited to 4,000 and then that info got deleted/removed. I'd be a bit surprised if they do Blues for Allah on super-vinyl any time soon. Maybe further down the line they will though. The only other super-vinyl announced so far i think is the Crosby one. I'm glad that they will press more super-vinyl in the future though and they will be available through other retailers.

Yep--limited to 4,000 numbered (but that hasn't stopped them from selling non-numbered pressings later IIRC.) I could have sworn Electric Warrior initially said limited to 4,000 and then that info got deleted/removed. I'd be a bit surprised if they do Blues for Allah on super-vinyl any time soon. Maybe further down the line they will though. The only other super-vinyl announced so far i think is the Crosby one. I'm glad that they will press more super-vinyl in the future though and they will be available through other retailers.

MoFi posted this a few days ago....

CC369EA3-71FD-4C00-AA8A-7E651A02DDB4.jpeg

Also, I think they “just” changed SRV Couldn’t Stand The Weather to Sold Out so if you are are on the fence on that one best to get on it asap.

Last edited:

View attachment 82628
Yea--these are all known and all in the MD catalogue. There's only one supervinyl on there that's not a One Step (which is what I meant in my previous post about there only being one announced supervinyl that's not a One Step.) The others are all either regular MoFi or One Steps. Interesting that Pearl isn't on there though...

Yea--these are all known and all in the MD catalogue. There's only one supervinyl on there that's not a One Step. Interesting that Pearl isn't on there though...

Yes. Pearl was another surprise. Some good titles coming up.

Yes. Pearl was another surprise. Some good titles coming up.
Luckily Nilsson is likely the only one I'll actually purchase unless I find some deals on those One Steps. The One Steps are dangerous for me because I'm starting to want all of them to complete the set. I know I'll never get the Santana one but I have 5 so far. It's been tempting to try to buy the others...Bill Evans at the Van Guard is another one that is probably not in the cards for me because of price.

This is a real pretty set. Maybe one of you has some extra cash or is into Godzilla a lot:
That original Godzilla theme is powerful and when you watch the first movie and see him start attacking after coming from the ocean it's actually sorta terrifying

View attachment 82632

No idea how accurate this is but when I bumped order qty to 1000 it said 83 left.

I'd estimate about 100 copies are probably being sent to JNR...or at least 65, since it's going to be in our JNR100 box and I think there are around 65 of us. 83 still seems a bit lower than the reality, but people seem pretty hyped about it in the JNR Facebook groups so maybe it's more popular than I expected.

Anyway I doubt I'll actually want this so if anyone misses out on it let me know and I'll probably be willing to sell my copy.

View attachment 82628

Also, I think they “just” changed SRV Couldn’t Stand The Weather to Sold Out so if you are are on the fence on that one best to get on it asap.
Glad to see MoFi is still helping seniors spend all their cash instead of doing something useful with it.

Glad to see MoFi is still helping seniors spend all their cash instead of doing something useful with it.

I play all kinds of music at home. My wife is quite tolerant but when I put on a lot of newer music she may say “What was that awful noise?” But, put on SRV or Janis and she will generally pop into the music room, suggest I turn it up, sit for awhile, and leave saying “We had the best music.”

Who am I to argue. 😉

This is a real pretty set. Maybe one of you has some extra cash or is into Godzilla a lot:

Some enterprising Record Store/Distributor needs to combine these into a bundle.

I play all kinds of music at home. My wife is quite tolerant but when I put on a lot of newer music she may say “What was that awful noise?” But, put on SRV or Janis and she will generally pop into the music room, suggest I turn it up, sit for awhile, and leave saying “We had the best music.”

Who am I to argue. 😉
That was my wife's exact reaction to Moses Sumney one day (what's that awful noise). Classic soul, folk and rock recordings are preferred along with Americana.

OH I'm dumb, lol. I didn't realize what was already on the page were the reissues @MikeH was referring to, that makes sense. Was hoping for maybe a Naked City repress but I'll see what is there
I was hoping for Naked City too since my copy is in less than ideal shape, but the Masada is a nice surprise.
My brother snuck me in to see them at the Knitting Factory in the 90s and it's still one of the best shows I've ever been to, you should get that.

Back