PopTarts Unite!

You telling me Future is the worst song on the album and Quavo's feature seems tagged on kind of proves my point too? She knows it isn't the best song. So why was it chosen to perform at Eurovision? Because she could parade out Quavo along with her.

I mean it was her current single at the time, which is something most pop stars do when they do promo performances. Still, one clunky single shouldn’t be enough to dismiss the album (imagine if everyone based their impression of Emotion on I Really Like You), it genuinely is weird for a pop album - and it should be applauded that this far into her career she can still put out releases like this.

Give it a go, you might not like it but I think you might change your mind that this is a product of chasing trends too late (unlike say MDNA).

I mean it was her current single at the time, which is something most pop stars do when they do promo performances. Still, one clunky single shouldn’t be enough to dismiss the album (imagine if everyone based their impression of Emotion on I Really Like You), it genuinely is weird for a pop album - and it should be applauded that this far into her career she can still put out releases like this.

Give it a go, you might not like it but I think you might change your mind that this is a product of chasing trends too late (unlike say MDNA).
I will definitely try it! I had heard positive things about it. Is it different than her output from Music to today?

Sometimes when an artist is around for as long as Madonna has been, I get artist fatigue. Not a bad thing. Because then when I revisit the artist, it is like a breath of fresh air. Think about how many hundreds, if not thousands, of artists have come, had their moment in the spotlight and faded away into obscurity in the time Madonna has remained in the spotlight. It is truly stunning.

Also, I Really Like You is a banger!!! ;)

Last edited:

@Teeeee - weird approach to that article, but yes. google image also shows some enlightening diagrams of what exactly comprises said sex position. doesn’t look terribly comfortable, but i suppose to each their own. fwiw i’ve never heard it used in reference to oral before

Ughh, was hoping this wasn't the case any more
yeah, it’s a bummer. he’s all over this latest ~era. she’s great in a whole lot of ways but she’s certainly got room to grow, particularly in the collaborators she chooses to continue with. it’s also infuriating that that garbage man continues to churn out bops bc i don’t want to support!!!!!

Yep, this new Madonna album is kinda weird. In a good way. Definitely pop, but not conventional pop. I don't even know how to pass judgment on it.

Edit: I must admit that hearing her sing in Portuguese in several songs is quite endearing.

Dedicated was really good, but I feel like 2019 has been kind of dull for Pop.

Late Night Feelings is out today though and I'm digging it.

Dedicated was really good, but I feel like 2019 has been kind of dull for Pop.

Late Night Feelings is out today though and I'm digging it.
I feel like Lykki Li could make anything sound good. She's just one of those artists that can't seem to mess up.

Here's some of the pop I've liked this year: Billie Eilish and CRJ. I liked Miley's but it isn't her best by a long shot. Kim Petras is kicking butt. I really like Betty Who's. Is Emily King pop? Even if not, it's a superb album. LEON's album is finally out after releasing excellent singles and EPs for four years. Maggie Rogers album is a top album of the year for me. Maren Morris is country pop and it's a great album. Rozzi's album is flying under everyone's radar which is sad. Give some of those a try and see if any do it for you. :)

I feel like Lykki Li could make anything sound good. She's just one of those artists that can't seem to mess up.

Here's some of the pop I've liked this year: Billie Eilish and CRJ. I liked Miley's but it isn't her best by a long shot. Kim Petras is kicking butt. I really like Betty Who's. Is Emily King pop? Even if not, it's a superb album. LEON's album is finally out after releasing excellent singles and EPs for four years. Maggie Rogers album is a top album of the year for me. Maren Morris is country pop and it's a great album. Rozzi's album is flying under everyone's radar which is sad. Give some of those a try and see if any do it for you. :)

I was meaning the whole album! It's finally out, it's felt like a long weight.
Ah totally forgot about Billie Eilish and Maggie Rogers, both great albums too. Missed pretty much all of those, so thanks for the recommendations 😁

Back