PopTarts Unite!

I was going to make a mid-year list for the Best Music of 2019 thread, but part of the way through doing it I felt like it wouldn't be very cohesive since I'm still digesting a lot of new releases.

However, in trying to compose a list, I ended up realizing that in the context of the year, I ended up liking Dedicated more than I initially felt like I did (and keep in mind, I was a pretty big fan when it first dropped too). I think it will most definitely have a place in my year-end list when the time comes.

I finally listened to that Billie Eilish record, and yeah I like it quite a bit. I hadn't heard anything from her until listening to the album just the other day so I was surprised at what it sounded like. I guess I had a feeling that I knew what she was like, but I was way off. This album...it's real good.

The new CRJ has grown on me a bit, but I still find myself pulling out Emotion more regularly. But that's okay! The new one is still solid in its own way.

Ok again, late to the party, but has anyone else heard this

I just listened to this for the first time and i think i love it. If Kesha did a whole weird-ass album in this vein, I'd be all over it

Ok again, late to the party, but has anyone else heard this

I just listened to this for the first time and i think i love it. If Kesha did a whole weird-ass album in this vein, I'd be all over it

I love Kesha so much. I am not as vocal about it as I am about Bey or Robyn but Kesha is up there with them.

Haven't seen any mention of this release and I thought it might interest some of you.

So here's a weird thing that happened

I was eyeing this for a while because when the listing first went up it was advertised as being on clear vinyl, which would have gone really well with the album cover. But I decided to look to see if it was still around out of curiosity and apparently it got changed to purple sometime after being shipped out, which, while I like purple, makes me glad I didn't go for this immediately because I would have been pretty disappointed. It's just odd that the color of it was changed seemingly out of nowhere.

I know this isn't a very interesting anecdote but this is what happens when I post while sleepy

So here's a weird thing that happened

I was eyeing this for a while because when the listing first went up it was advertised as being on clear vinyl, which would have gone really well with the album cover. But I decided to look to see if it was still around out of curiosity and apparently it got changed to purple sometime after being shipped out, which, while I like purple, makes me glad I didn't go for this immediately because I would have been pretty disappointed. It's just odd that the color of it was changed seemingly out of nowhere.

I know this isn't a very interesting anecdote but this is what happens when I post while sleepy
Now I'm very curious to see what it looks like when I receive it, which should be this week...I agree that clear was perfect with the cover.
It must be due to some pressing mistake, can't see why they would choose purple.

There's this girl from Iceland called Hildur that makes very good pop music. It's just pop, without any other intention than to make you dance and singalong. I love her, I hope she gets bigger -at least in Europe.

Here's a playlist with her whole discography so far (she hasn't released any album, only one EP and a bunch of singles)
Hildur is great! She performed before Kaelan Mikla as part of a week of Icelandic tourism promotions here in Chicago earlier this year.

Back