PopTarts Unite!

Give her Self-titled a listening, its a really solid pop album and I really like her voice. Pretty pumped for this second album

Yeah, her voice has that deeper timber to it that I really dig. And she matches it up with instrumentation well. I'll definitely listen!

Just watched the superbowl concert of last night.
J.Lo kicked everybody's ass, and now I HAVE TO listen to Shakira. Dónde Están Los Ladrones? is such an amazing album.

I am not bashing anyone's taste if they enjoy him. Can someone explain Lewis Capaldi to me? I think his voice sounds like a person playing a Muppet. But does he have some charming back story or did he win an Idol/Eurovision-esque competition that accounts for his popularity? There are not a whole lot of artists that make me switch the station off of top 40 but Lewis has achieved that honor. And it's ok if it just isn't for me. I haven't seen his name mentioned .... anywhere on the forum so was wondering if others felt the same as me or what.

Last edited:
I am not bashing anyone's taste if they enjoy him. Can someone explain Lewis Capaldi to me? I think his voice sounds like a person playing a Muppet. But does he have some charming back story or did he win an Idol/Eurovision-esque competition that account for his popularity? There are not a whole lot of artists that make me switch the station off of top 40 but Lewis has achieved that honor. And it's ok if it just isn't for me. I haven't seen his name mentioned .... anywhere on the forum so was wondering if others felt the same as me or what.
I don't care for his song. Also it ripped off an infinitely better song, that being this timeless classic

I have not heard of this Capaldi fella, but all of the references are making me think I can safely hard pass.
I was made aware of him through Lolla lineup research because he played there in 2018. But now he's huge and I guess I was aware of this song that is his, but I don't care for it.

Back