PopTarts Unite!

What are the 3 songs that you think best represent pop in the 2010s? Let us know. I'll collect these nominations until next Monday. You must nominate 3 songs (please include the artist name). I've also included space for you to give your reasoning. Please try to keep this part to only a few sentences. I'll then seed the nominations - I'm not sure how many we'll go with - depends on how many noms we get. I'll send out a bracket next week and will include the reasoning for each song. We'll then vote on the bracket until we come up with our top pop song that best represents the 2010s. More on all of that later. For now - get your noms in!!!!

What are the 3 songs that you think best represent pop in the 2010s? Let us know. I'll collect these nominations until next Monday. You must nominate 3 songs (please include the artist name). I've also included space for you to give your reasoning. Please try to keep this part to only a few sentences. I'll then seed the nominations - I'm not sure how many we'll go with - depends on how many noms we get. I'll send out a bracket next week and will include the reasoning for each song. We'll then vote on the bracket until we come up with our top pop song that best represents the 2010s. More on all of that later. For now - get your noms in!!!!

Thank you, @Teeeee

EDIT: Just submitted my choices/rationale!

Last edited:
Just submitted mine. And it was definitely hard to narrow it down. Although it definitely makes sense to do it this way, I wish I saw other peoples choices so I could nominate something else.

Just submitted mine. And it was definitely hard to narrow it down. Although it definitely makes sense to do it this way, I wish I saw other peoples choices so I could nominate something else.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing, I have this huge list of songs and if I could eliminate some choices because they were already nominated I feel like it would help. But then again that probably means @Teeeee would get way more noms and would have more work to do on her end so I don't know haha

I have had a few questions. Let me see if I can clear up some things.

I haven't put any parameters on what pop is. If something is pop to you, then who am I to tell you it isn't pop? Nominate whatever you think is pop.

If I get a gazillion noms, I'm not going to be able to seed them all. If we get 50 discrete noms, then yeah, I can probably seed those. Seeding will work this way - your top song gets 3 points, 2nd song gets 2, 3rd song gets 1. I'll add up points for songs and seed them that way.

So, if you nominate Witch Vomit's Buried Deep in a Bottomless Grave, although it is a wonderful song, it probably won't get seeded because I doubt anyone else will nominate it and it won't have enough points to get seeded. How many points is that? I don't know. Depends on how many noms we get. But if you nominate Shake It Off, it probably will get seeded because I bet there will be several people nominating it too. And all those points will add up.

Make sense? Probably not, so ask away! :)

Wait, 3? Only 3?!? This is cruel.

God... I don't know. Defining the decade is hard because I can never pick if it means the most popular songs or if it means songs that truly pushed the boundaries of pop. I don't know man...

Back