PopTarts Unite!

What’s everyone’s favourite pop albums of the year? Got a top ten in alphabetical order.

Billie Eilish
Caroline Polachek
Charli XCX
Mark Ronson
MUNA
NIMMO
Self Esteem
Slayyyter
The Japanese House (my personal album of the year)
Tove Lo

What’s everyone’s favourite pop albums of the year? Got a top ten in alphabetical order.

Billie Eilish
Caroline Polachek
Charli XCX
Mark Ronson
MUNA
NIMMO
Self Esteem
Slayyyter
The Japanese House (my personal album of the year)
Tove Lo
I was gonna ask this today too! I also have an end of decade activity for this thread in mind.

Billie Eilish
Caroline Polacheck
Charli XCX
Carly Rae Jepsen
Taylor Swift
Lizzo
Betty Who
Bishop Briggs
Emily King
Sasha Sloan
Maggie Rogers
Sigrid
Ms. White
Joseph

I was a bit disappointed in Anna of the North's album

If you don't include Country Pop or R&B

1. Ariana Grande
2. Camila Cabello
3. Taylor Swift
4. Kim Petras
5. Charli XCX
6. Billie Eilish
7. Holiday Sidewinder
8. Lana Del Rey
9. Carly Rae Jepsen
10. Marina

Still have to spend more time with the new Tove Lo, waiting on the delayed Vinyl to eventually show up.

Cross-posting from the pre-order thread, because someone here is going to need these.

Limited reissue of iamamiwhoami's albums on vinyl (bounty, kin, and BLUE). Sold separately or as a bundle.

158566.jpg

Sturgill Simpson AND Brian Wilson on the new Kesha track? I really dig it.

Where my pop tarts at???? @tvham , @gaporter , @EmeryRK , @Max Sterling , @EvanBenner , @wynn72 @heartswells , @teefer , @Waitressboy , @GStephenH , @wynn72 , @Alexander, @Colonel_Angus, @alspriet , @BattleFlag , @TCell , @Bohnjaggs and @everyone else.

Want to do a fun end of year pop activity? Or nah?

I was thinking of this: We all nominate 3 songs that best represent the pop of the 2010s. I do a google doc to take the noms. I seed them. Then we vote on them? And come up with the pop song that best represents the decade? Anyone want to do that?

Please @ anyone else I may have missed. It was not intentional. I was trying to remember anyone that participated in our best pop album challenge from the old forum. I failed.

Last edited:
Where my pop tarts at???? @tvham , @gaporter , @EmeryRK , @Max Sterling , @EvanBenner , @wynn72 @heartswells , @teefer , @Waitressboy , @GStephenH , @wynn72 , @Alexander, @Colonel_Angus, @alspriet , @BattleFlag , @TCell , @Bohnjaggs and @everyone else.

I was thinking of this: We all nominate 3 songs that best represent the pop of the 2010s. I do a google doc to take the noms. I see them. Then we vote on them? And come up with the pop song that best represents the decade? Anyone want to do that?

Please @ anyone else I may have missed. It was not intentional. I was trying to remember anyone that participated in our best pop album challenge from the old forum. I failed.
And of course I've already thought of some I forgot.

@kvetcha , @nolalady , @Kris . Read what I quoted please. Who else loves the pop?

I was thinking of this: We all nominate 3 songs that best represent the pop of the 2010s. I do a google doc to take the noms. I see them. Then we vote on them? And come up with the pop song that best represents the decade? Anyone want to do that?

giphy.gif

Dammit, @Piratenovelist - I meant to @ you also. I think you'll find this thread especially welcoming of all tastes. :) Please read a few posts above about my 3 songs idea.

Anyone that is down to do this, think over it this weekend. I'll probably take noms on Monday. And figure out a timeline that makes sense for everyone since we're about to head into the holidays.

Dammit, @Piratenovelist - I meant to @ you also. I think you'll find this thread especially welcoming of all tastes. :) Please read a few posts above about my 3 songs idea.

Anyone that is down to do this, think over it this weekend. I'll probably take noms on Monday. And figure out a timeline that makes sense for everyone since we're about to head into the holidays.

OH YEAH!
Count me in!

Sturgill Simpson AND Brian Wilson on the new Kesha track? I really dig it.

I dug this song, but I don’t think Sturgill or Wilson add anything really good to it vocally. In fact, I think it would be stronger without them.

I was thinking of this: We all nominate 3 songs that best represent the pop of the 2010s. I do a google doc to take the noms. I seed them. Then we vote on them? And come up with the pop song that best represents the decade? Anyone want to do that?

Shoot, I'm more tart than pop.

Back