Political Discussion

Wow, this is full of quite a few nuggets of this man's thinking.

"It's a movement, if you don't put it down it will get worse and worse," Trump said. "The only time its successful is when you're weak and most of you are weak."

Trump said the "whole world was laughing at Minneapolis over the police station getting burned,"

"Rhetoric coming out of the White House is making it worse, people are experiencing real pain," Pritzker, a Democrat, told the President. "We've got to have national leadership calling for calm and legitimate concern for protestors."
"I don't like your rhetoric that much either," Trump fired back. "You could have done much better on coronavirus."

HE IS A GODDAMN SOCIOPATHIC CHILD.

from a friend: “This is a major turning point for the US and has profound implications for everyone. There is no antifa organization. There's no members list and no defining features of "antifa" people. And that means anyone can be labeled "antifa" and thus "terrorist." And once you're considered a "terrorist" in the US, you have No legal rights. No lawyer, no trial, no legal protection from torture, no charges or sentence. Theyre going to use this to round up protest leaders and hold them indefinitely without trial.”

anti-fascism is illegal i guess

from a friend: “This is a major turning point for the US and has profound implications for everyone. There is no antifa organization. There's no members list and no defining features of "antifa" people. And that means anyone can be labeled "antifa" and thus "terrorist." And once you're considered a "terrorist" in the US, you have No legal rights. No lawyer, no trial, no legal protection from torture, no charges or sentence. Theyre going to use this to round up protest leaders and hold them indefinitely without trial.”

anti-fascism is illegal i guess

Trump doesn't actually have the power to declare domestic groups as terrorist organizations. I would be worried about what you're saying but I think this one is another thing he says to fire up his base that has no chance of actually happening.

Trump doesn't actually have the power to declare domestic groups as terrorist organizations. I would be worried about what you're saying but I think this one is another thing he says to fire up his base that has no chance of actually happening.

This article has some info about the expansion of presidential powers under the Bush admin and Trump to label individuals and groups as terrorists. It was used to label Earth First a terrorist org.

There are however many white nationalists groups that have been conducting acts of domestic terrorism for decades (the entire history of the country) and it wasn't until this year that one (tied with Russia) was labeled as such by the Trump admin.

While DTs effort here may or may not label anyone identifying as ANTIFA a terrorist the point here is to further dog whistle and encourage those people coming out in the street and on social media to fight for their right to white to cause more havoc and destruction in cities. Taking down the urban centers, trying to instill a further sense of distrust in Democratic admins. and continue to try to take over the areas they do not control is 100% a strategy.

I like Robert Reich's writing, but I wouldn't jump to that conclusion.

Votes based on fear may very well keep DT in office. Nothing is assured.

I like Robert Reich's writing, but I wouldn't jump to that conclusion.

Votes based on fear may very well keep DT in office. Nothing is assured.
I think you are referring the article i linked and the headline might be misleading.
He does not adress the outcome of the november elections at all.
The last paragraph explains the headline
Since moving into the Oval Office in January 2017, Trump hasn’t shown an ounce of interest in governing. He obsesses only about himself.

But it has taken the present set of crises to reveal the depths of his self-absorbed abdication – his utter contempt for his job, his total repudiation of his office.

Trump’s nonfeasance goes far beyond an absence of leadership or inattention to traditional norms and roles. In a time of national trauma, he has relinquished the core duties and responsibilities of the presidency.
He is no longer president. The sooner we stop treating him as if he were, the better

A funny thing might be happening here, just from a couple of conversations over the weekend. It seems some Trump supporters feel he's crossed some "Cult" line he shouldn't have or something because they aren't getting as worked up anymore with his "calls to action". I mean is it possible those from his base who are on the fringe have had enough? Is that "Elite" part of his base that resonates 100% with him shrinking?

One can only hope that's the case and another light bulb goes off above another Trump supporters head.

Last edited:

one of the MANY tweets reposting this

EDIT: Kenny Beats also reposted a link to the whole deets but its under a paywall

An American's reaction to hearing their president might be a serial pedophile shouldn't be "yeah, I kind of figured."
Apparently at least some of that's been around for a few years.
Yeah, he had a court date set about the 13yo rape when he was elected, or at least a couple months prior. She dropped her case citing harassment.

This isn't nearly as bad as plenty of horrible things I've seen cops do in the last few days, but this is my city and what the fuck? He was kneeling and talking.

Ugh, I am so sorry.

Unfortunately, dozens of these types of videos are coming out.

Here's what people can do: If you are white, get in front of black people. White people should try to form a circle around someone speaking like this. Make the cops go through white people (which they will not do as violently YET) in order to harm black people.

Back