Political Discussion

its barely 1PM and anonymous basically dropped shit saying "ok trump is a sexual predator, epstein helped, princess diana was murdered by the royal family, wake the fuck up"

what the hell happened

why oh why am I seeing more shit getting posted about how the whole murder was a fucking staged event? what's wrong with people? is the story of white police officers killing an unarmed black man not sensational enough?!?

it's wild. maybe the reality is so sensational that the only way people can interject themselves or find some control over it is to further sensationalize? maybe that's what the people that want to tear communities apart want? i don't know but we seem to be living in a time where nobody can determine what's factual in spite of it being right there in front of their face. everyone is making up their own reality, their own narrative, their own account of historical events. social media is at the heart of allowing everyone to see what they don't necessarily see easily and simultaneously blinding everyone of reality.

Last edited:

As @jaycee alluded to, I've also seen a report of the police raiding a medical tent and trying to get everyone to leave while people were treating patients bleeding severely from rubber bullets.

don't know if this is what you're referring to but the reports seem consistent with this account

In case people wonder why more isn’t being borrowed from Hong Kong or why leaders haven’t emerged with a list of demands:

Third degree murder and manslaughter.

I guess it is better than nothing.

But there was nothing manslaughtery about his actions. I would not be surprised if he plead out or merely got probation for those charges.

My mom was a prosecutor and a public defender and she said she would have charged him with first degree murder and then let the jury decide. Hard to argue that when you bury your knee on someone’s neck for nine minutes.

Last edited:
I know many of you aren't church people, but I'm very pleased that my church in Cincinnati, Crossroads, has taken a definitive and vocal stand on what they choose to stand for. Brian Tome, our lead pastor, has posted multiple times about George Floyd and how disgusted he is by both this incident and the systemic treatment of black people in America. The below video is a conversation with him and Chuck Mingo, another Crossroads pastor (my personal favorite) on the systemic challenges. There is some religious talk, but a lot of it is an experiential discussion, which I found very good. Thought I'd share it.

Back