Political Discussion

And in the midst off all of this we have our "Leader"..........who has yet to address the country in any way, shape or form.

His bone spurs must have been tingling.

And in the midst off all of this we have our "Leader"..........who has yet to address the country in any way, shape or form.

His bone spurs must have been tingling.

Do his Tweets, which contain missinfermation and blame on the "radical left" count as addressing the nation?

Do his Tweets, which contain missinfermation and blame on the "radical left" count as addressing the nation?
In his mind I'm assuming yes.......but in his mind less testing will defeat the virus because we'll have fewer documented cases, I'm pretty sure he was a math major as well "Oh, nobody knows more about math then I do, believe me"

I was thinking about the video I watched of George Floyd's murder. Now, please don't go watch it just to engage in this conversation with me. It is very upsetting and triggering.

But any of those that have watched it, help me out.

What was (or should have been) the objective for those officers when arriving on the scene? Speak to the alleged perpetrator and then make an arrest, right? So, George was hand cuffed. He was not resisting. Why was he not put into a cop car and taken away?

Ok, fine, he resists (he didn't but for this exercise, we can really stretch the truth here and say he did a bit). He's in hand cuffs, he's on the ground, he stops resisting. He's still, he's talking but he is still. Again, why not put him into the cop car and take him away?

And then when the ambulance finally arrives, no medical equipment is brought out, just a stretcher. No measures to assist George were taken. Those didn't even look like EMTs - the ones that so callously flopped him onto the stretcher. Nothing was done to help him at all.

I don't understand. Something doesn't add up. And in no way am I thinking that the cops could ever release anything that justifies their actions. Ever. I feel like we're going to hear more about this that is going to break our hearts further - like the depravity of these officers is deeper than we know. Why hasn't the officer's body cam footage been released?

Last edited:
I was thinking about the video I watched of George Floyd's murder. Now, please don't go watch it just to engage in this conversation with me. It is very upsetting and triggering.

What was (or should have been) the objective for those officers when arriving on the scene? Speak to the alleged perpetrator and then make an arrest, right? So, George was hand cuffed. He was not resisting. Why was he not put into a cop car and taken away?

Ok, fine, he resists (he didn't but for this exercise, we can really stretch the truth here and say he did a bit). He's in hand cuffs, he's on the ground, he stops resisting. He's still, he's talking but he is still. Again, why not put him into the cop car and take him away?

And then when the ambulance finally arrives, no medical equipment is brought out, just a stretcher. No measures to assist George was taken. Those didn't even look like EMTs - the ones that so callously flopped him onto the stretcher. Nothing was done to help him at all.

I don't understand. Something doesn't add up. And in no way am I thinking that the cops could ever release anything that justifies their actions. Ever. I feel like we're going to hear more about this that is going to break our hearts further - like the depravity of these officers is deeper than we know. Why hasn't the officer's body cam footage not been released?

I won't post it but there is some body cam footage from the Minneapolis Parks Police and there is some additional footage from (i think) a security camera. George Floyd was in the car and and was taken back out. That's when the three officers held him down, cuffed, and Chauvin choked him to death.

I don't know how true any of this is but I believe these men believe that any perceived "resistance" gives them license to "protect themselves at all costs." At all costs, results in the killing of black men and women. Do they want to kill? Do they care that they kill? I don't believe so. Certainly not these officers who had every opportunity to do something different. It isn't just a training issue as it's been presented. It isn't just a procedural rules issue either. It is ingrained in the institution that black lives are less valuable than every other life and that their lives, which they are paid to put on the line, are more valuable than the communities they work in.

So I spent the night last night wondering if my job was going to be there in the morning. Unfortunately it wasn't just because it is in the area of the protests. On Saturday night the owner's idiot son posted a rant on Facebook where he jokingly talked about shooting all of the protesters for acting like toddlers about nothing (it makes me sick to even type that out). I'm so disgusted that he has not been publicly fired yet that I may be quitting. The business was on the verge of failure already and now he has tarnished our reputation, possibly beyond repair. I have worked at this company for 17 years, we are a local company who truly cares about our community and has an incredible core of employees. But for them to let him get away with this is inexcusable and I just do not feel like I want to be a part of it, if he is any longer. I'm so sad and angry right now and I know I should not make a big decision like that, so I'm going to wait and try to calm down but it will not be easy.

And then when the ambulance finally arrives, no medical equipment is brought out, just a stretcher. No measures to assist George was taken. Those didn't even look like EMTs - the ones that so callously flopped him onto the stretcher. Nothing was done to help him at all.

I don't understand. Something doesn't add up. And in no way am I thinking that the cops could ever release anything that justifies their actions. Ever. I feel like we're going to hear more about this that is going to break our hearts further - like the depravity of these officers is deeper than we know. Why hasn't the officer's body cam footage not been released?

The official police report says he resisted and that is in the documentation related to the charges, as well as George's height and weight showing he was a bit dude. His height and weight is not relevant, but is being used to portray that he posed a threat.

It's insane.

I won't post it but there is some body cam footage from the Minneapolis Parks Police and there is some additional footage from (i think) a security camera. George Floyd was in the car and and was taken back out. That's when the three officers held him down, cuffed, and Chauvin choked him to death.

I saw that too. And I don't understand it. He was in the car. Drive away and put him in a cell.

Why take him back out of the car to then hold him down? Other than to kill him?

so is the #dcblackout a legitimate thing? seeing a lot of people concerned over where protestors are on twitter. I'm leaning towards believing that it was 1am and people just went home

so is the #dcblackout a legitimate thing? seeing a lot of people concerned over where protestors are on twitter. I'm leaning towards believing that it was 1am and people just went home

Would you mind explaining it? I don't know what #dcblackout means.

I saw that too. And I don't understand it. He was in the car. Drive away and put him in a cell.

The only other reason I could think of is to humiliate him. There can be a proclivity towards showing power by humiliating other people in one the types of people who are attracted to law enforcement and other similar jobs.

Not justifying here of course... the narrative that has been floated is that he was reacting when being shoved in the back of the cruiser. He was a big dude and if you've ever been in the back of a cop car and you're a bigger person it's incredibly tight. I'm 6'1" and I don't fit. So whatever happened he was pulled back at that point and "restrained."... but as you point out for what purpose? once he was subdued if he was in fact disorderly, then why were 3 men subduing this man for that long in this manner. He was choked out plain and simple.

Chauvin and Floyd worked at the same night club as a bouncer and security. There isn't evidence that they new each other at this point (not that I've seen) but I wouldn't be surprised if something eventually comes out about that either

There were apparently accounts being hacked and bots all over twitter posting the same message about DC being safe. It looks like most of the tweets and accounts have since been deleted but if you go on twitter you can see multiple screenshots of this.

There's definitely something very wrong going on. This is starting to look really bad.

Would you mind explaining it? I don't know what #dcblackout means.
Reports of cell signals being jammed for hours.
yeah apparently people heard a loud bang (EMP?) and then saw police with suppressed AR's. All communication/live tweets seemed to stop at 1am and resume again at 6am.
There were apparently accounts being hacked and bots all over twitter posting the same message about DC being safe. It looks like most of the tweets and accounts have since been deleted but if you go on twitter you can see multiple screenshots of this.

There's definitely something very wrong going on. This is starting to look really bad.
yeah it's very questionable. I dunno what to believe.

So I spent the night last night wondering if my job was going to be there in the morning. Unfortunately it wasn't just because it is in the area of the protests. On Saturday night the owner's idiot son posted a rant on Facebook where he jokingly talked about shooting all of the protesters for acting like toddlers about nothing (it makes me sick to even type that out). I'm so disgusted that he has not been publicly fired yet that I may be quitting. The business was on the verge of failure already and now he has tarnished our reputation, possibly beyond repair. I have worked at this company for 17 years, we are a local company who truly cares about our community and has an incredible core of employees. But for them to let him get away with this is inexcusable and I just do not feel like I want to be a part of it, if he is any longer. I'm so sad and angry right now and I know I should not make a big decision like that, so I'm going to wait and try to calm down but it will not be easy.
Quick update, he has been let go and a statement is being prepared. I'm thankful they are doing the right thing, but still concerned with the damage that has been done. I just hope we are able to recover.

A co-worker who lives about a 15 minute walk from me on the other side of the Midway shopping center in St. Paul, was taking about how they have formed a group to monitor and defend the alleys. Incendiary devices have been planted, a stack of wood soaked in gasoline, people coming into the neighborhood in cars without license plates... basically we are all keeping watch for these things.

on Sat night there was a group identified as white supremacists (unconfirmed) who organized in Newell Park just prior to the curfew going into effect.

All of this is just to say that what has happened here is about far more than demonstrations /protests.

What has been amazing to see is the people that live in our neighborhoods have really been banding together, keeping watch, keeping armed watch around their businesses, and essentially serving as their own protective force. Their banding together to provide food and medical supplies to protestors and to people that no longer have access to these things because the business have been destroyed or are closed indefinitely. In all of this there is still community and there are still some people that actually care about their neighbors.

Several Buisnesses were damaged and looted in Boston last night.

A men's wharehouse was looted / cleaned out.

Last edited:
Back