Political Discussion

Edited for accuracy

EZdnwACUMAAzkOE

If any of you were brought up in a protestant household, especially in an evangelical one ... doesn't this feel a lot like how you were taught it would go down in the end? It's hard to shake that sort of imagery from your brain even if you've left that faith tradition behind.
I didn't think the Antichrist was going to teargas protesters out of a church yard in order to pose with a Bible, though. That's a new twist.

I didn't think the Antichrist was going to teargas protesters out of a church yard in order to pose with a Bible, though. That's a new twist.
I don’t know. Holding up a Bible, maybe upside down, in front of a boarded up church closed due to riots and pestilence, while avoiding the question of whether it actually belongs to him, with sirens in the background after threatening to deploy the military across the US to stamp out dissent? KINDA like that.

Apparently none of the cops involved in the David McAtee shooting had their body cameras on. The Louisville police chief was fired over this. Hard to feel that anything else will happen, though, without footage. Terrible.

Edit: just read this:

Although there were no body cameras, Schroeder said the police department will be releasing video of the incident from nearby cameras as well as the audio from police radio transmissions in an effort to increase transparency.

So hopefully the truth is determined.

Last edited:
More from the indiscriminate police violence blotter... but it's actually a really good read from a photojournalist who lost their eye in Minneapolis.

I am both outraged by the treatment of the press AND outraged by the fact that only care about police brutality when it happens to their little club. Where were all these people when those two journalists (and for a brief while Amy Goodman) were imprisoned for covering standing rock while our government tried to throw the book at them

I'm really shocked to see these videos. 😲What's going on there? Thanks a lot to all those posting such videos as that really helps to get an impression of what is going on inside of the US. Like the peaceful black guy posted by @dhodo who just got arrested by police. Horrible. 😢 I'm glad that the world can see what's going on.

Back