Political Discussion

Target has closed 175 stores today, after several Target locations were attacked and looted. People were stealing TV's.

Like WTF.

Trump is that this is Antifa rioting. A radical extremist left group. And republicans like my father are totally buying into it saying the White Supremacist news is "CNN" and false.

Trump is that this is Antifa rioting. A radical extremist left group. And republicans like my father are totally buying into it saying the White Supremacist news is "CNN" and false.

White Supremacist groups are here. There are strategies being employed by both anarchist and supremacist groups. Last night on the police scanner there were several reports of cars driving around without plates and when pulled over they would be abandoned, the occupants would run, and they would leave various instruments. Report of a mercedes hauling bricks. White Supremacists following people, circling apartment complexes of POC. I've been unable to verify reports of them murdering 3 elderly women.

All of the major highways in and out of the cities were shut down at 7 pm yesterday. The NG and police locked down bridges between the Minneapolis and St. Paul. They were much more aggressive with press and with medical workers / volunteers last night.

Other random acts of crimes being committed as some people take advantage of the situation.

What is clear, regardless of what group they may belong to that much of the destruction and violence has been caused by white people, and the most severe damage has been in the areas where POC live, work, and shop.

The state public safety director, John Harrington, has intentionally mispronounced George Floyd's name the past 2 days during press conferences (calling him Mr. Lloyd at least 5 times).

NG helicopter was circling all night, there were a few clashes with protestors, tear gas and rubber bullets deployed, but things were more quiet overall...we'll see what today brings

The Today Show asked the Minneapolis sheriff about such incidents this morning.

They stand by with what they did. They said a curfew was in place. This extends to everyone including press. The curfew was ignored, and loudspeaker announcements to disperse were also ignored. So they shot rubber bullets to make them dispers. They don't care if you are press or protesters, they don't want you out after curfew.

The Today Show asked the Minneapolis sheriff about such incidents this morning.

They stand by with what they did. They said a curfew was in place. This extends to everyone including press. The curfew was ignored, and loudspeaker announcements to disperse were also ignored. So they shot rubber bullets to make them dispers. They don't care if you are press or protesters, they don't want you out after curfew.
Everything I've seen said the curfew in Minneapolis and St. Paul excluded press. Have you found anything to back up his claim?

EXCEPTIONS
Law enforcement, fire and medical personnel are exempt.

Also exempt are people going to and from work, journalists, people in need of medical assistance, and those “fleeing dangerous circumstances, or experiencing homelessness.” The mayors of each city also appear to have the ability to exempt other individuals as they see fit.

As @jaycee alluded to, I've also seen a report of the police raiding a medical tent and trying to get everyone to leave while people were treating patients bleeding severely from rubber bullets.

Everything I've seen said the curfew in Minneapolis and St. Paul excluded press. Have you found anything to back up his claim?

Yeah, the actual curfew order issues on the 29th excludes the press. But I'm not sure if that is still accurate, or if the police simply don't care / take the time to tell if you are press or not.

Also, a curfew is a civic infraction enforced via fines similar to a parking ticket. The fact that Police feel that a cerfew violation gives them carte blanche to fire rubber bullets indiscriminately into crowds is just another example of what is wrong with law enforcement in America.

Back